PDA

View Full Version : F/S: 2005 Buell XB12S, lots of aftermarket goodies

typeone
01-02-2009, 07:23 PM
As crazy as this feels, I think I'm ready to let my baby go in order to move on to the next project.

Anyone that knows me can tell you I'm pretty anal when it comes to maintenance and general care for my bikes. The Buell has received nothing but the best, oil changes every ~1500mi, runs flawless, super fun street bike. I will miss it dearly but can't really afford to keep 3 big bikes and 2 minis running the way I like to. Here's a few pics and the details (btw, the gas mask was sold):

http://www.aluminum.nu/web/img/typeone_xb12s_100408_left1.jpg

http://www.aluminum.nu/web/img/typeone_xb12s_0817_3.jpg

- 2005 Buell XB12S Lightning
~15K miles
- one owner
- fresh Pirelli Scorpion Syncs with one Red Group track day on them
- fresh oil and filter
- recent GMD fork and shock service
- Drummer performance exhaust
- Race ECM
- UNI filter
- Iron Machine race wires
- '07 vented outer airbox
- '07 vented inner airbox
- Villain black wheels
- Headlight grille
- CityX black fairing mounts
- PDGMoto custom gauge faceplate
- Black chin cowl
- Rivet eliminator kit
- Frank-Parts low profile right-side scoop
- ProTaper Contour fatbars in the Carmichael bend
- Rizoma oversized clamp
- CRG shorty levers
- Oberon LED signals w/upgraded Grote flasher
- LSL Billet pegs
- Oberon bar-end mirrors
- Oberon reservoir cover
- Free Spirits front pulley cover (most likely being removed)
- Free Spirits modified tensioner
- Free Spirts soft clutch
- Banke dipstick
- pM-Performance tail lift (most likely being removed)
- Hillbilly-Motors Carbon/Kevlar tail
- Sato axle sliders
- Black anodized heel guards
- recent Lyndall Gold+ Carbon Kevlar Pads
- Brembo/Ducati rear brake upgrade w/custom DHM bracket

I've put about $5000+ in extras on the bike, most from Europe, this makes it hard to price since some of the stuff is no longer avail or no longer sold to the US but I'm going to give it a try at $7900.

KBB has a used '05 stock bike listed at ~$6400 so I'm tacking on $1500 for the extras but I may part out some of them since they're pricey and difficult to get to the states. I get asked about each mod almost daily still so I'm pretty confident anything I remove will go for decent coin, e.g. the carbon/kevlar tail piece and cast aluminum lift kit would cost about 1K alone.

PM or email me with any questions, bike is located in central MA. Thanks,

clinton[at]pdgmoto.com

jsg
01-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Man your crazy, this is one of my favorite xb. You will regret selling it and will comeback to the dark side one day for sure.

jsg
01-03-2009, 12:11 AM
BTW I looked everywhere for those spacers and can't find them and your fender eliminator is the only one I would consider but I can't find one like this too.

typeone
01-03-2009, 12:40 PM
thanks, jsg. i'm going motard next, just gotta do it.

regarding the parts, yes, a few arent made anymore and most can be hard to get to the states sometimes.

jsg
01-03-2009, 02:14 PM
I had a motard before my xb, you if you like the road you will be back. they are very fun but forget anything longer then 1 hour. If you want a good forum go to www.supermotojunkie.com it's a very good source of info for street sm or track. I will get another motard one day but it will be track only and I'll keep a street bike which should still be my xb.

typeone
01-03-2009, 02:19 PM
thanks, i read SMJ and AF1 daily :D

i come from dirt, and still ride dirt (more than street sometimes), so while i love the street i know its a move in the right direction for me. i could see myself going track only in the future so thats another reason a 'tard may be my best bet for a road-going bike.

believe me, if the XB sells, i will miss it dearly.

jsg
01-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Do you know if Hillbilly motors are still making that fender eliminator? I looked at their web site and can't find it anywhere, the only thing about a eliminator is how to do it your self and I don't like it since first you loose the stock part and second it doesn't have the pointy look of yours.

typeone
01-03-2009, 02:48 PM
i dont think Hillbilly-Motors is selling anything anymore but i'm unclear what the latest is. I know they gave over the parts sales to Gotz-Motorsport a few years ago. even my dealer had to stop placing specialty orders with them quite a while ago.

even so, my tail piece was a prototype dupe in carbon/kevlar of an older HSA style tail piece. Jens just happened to have it on the bench when i inquired about it. i dont think you can get it anywhere, i dont think they ever sold it actually.

typeone
01-08-2009, 06:09 PM
*sale pending*

1SexyBuell
01-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Damn if I had the money I'd definitely buy it off of you... its a beautiful bike, good luck with the motard

matter
01-09-2009, 08:29 PM
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/2032_20090109142434_L.jpghttp://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/2032_20090109142249_L.jpg
If your looking for a nice Motard, you might be interestad in mine?
2003 VOR 530 SME Supermotard. This was a leftover stashed away at a dealer and I just purchased it new in April of 2008. It currently has under 300 miles on it, never been down and looks/runs like a new bike! The bike is electric start, fully street legal and licensed, weighs about 260 lbs and the 530cc gear driven cam engine puts out about 60 hp. Excellent Italian engineering and has a cassette type gearbox, Michelin Pilots, Brembo brakes. Bike cost close to $10,000.00 in 2003, sell for $3900.00. I am in Moses Lake, Wa.

Matt

typeone
01-10-2009, 04:43 PM
thanks, matt, nice machine but ive got a line on a new '07 SXV 550 already [up]

buellxb
01-10-2009, 06:08 PM
@ typeone - Your Buell is truly the one of best looking bikes I've seen come across here that isn't a complete show bike.

It's a shame that the gas mask is gone, that really set it off. I wish you would consider keeping it, but anyone would be lucky to own this beast. [cool][up]

PorcelainRabbit
01-20-2009, 07:47 PM
i am crying :( i absolutely love this bike....ive looked at it every morning in class at school on another thread with all the pictures...its like my long distance relationship girlfriend :( lol.

please dont sell it! someone talk some sense into this man! i think my next bike is gona be an scg, (maybe 1125cr) but before i saw your bike, a lightning was outa the question, then one day i saw it and fell in love. i was so inspired. please keep track of where it goes so in the late spring when i get the cash i can buy it from whoever ends up with it! :D

dave_xb12r
01-21-2009, 07:22 AM
I WTB the tail lift!!!

ccheng
01-30-2009, 10:48 PM
is it still for sale? i sent an email and will pm you.

JessCo13
02-27-2009, 10:20 PM
I am Really Curious If this bike is still for sale ? If it is i am really interested in the bike. Please repost or email me please !!

My email is: sheberling@rocketmail.com

Stevenc150
02-28-2009, 05:21 AM
Jess, sorry to say, but that work of art has already sold.

typeone
03-01-2009, 04:51 PM
hey, sorry guys, i thought i updated all my F/S threads. yes, the bike sold to OneQuick5o who i think is a member here.

i'll miss it dearly.. .

cmekillu
03-29-2009, 03:00 PM
damnit!!!! I have been looking at some buells for awhile now and I ran across this forum last night. Your bike is actually my back ground on my desktop. I was thinking this morning that I was going to ask if it was for sale.****!!!! Love that bike

Samual007
02-03-2011, 09:50 PM
hey dude what a bike it is...man..
is it still available for sale, if yes than please send me pm. thanks for the pictures which you posted here...
thanks a lot...[Edit: Spam Deleted]

jimijeans
02-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Its a sad day the bike is SWEEEEEEETTTTTT! As long as she gets a good home.You know it blends just right. liked the gas mask .[sad]