http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/5251_20130317033656_L.jpg

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/5251_20130317033632_L.jpg

BuellyBagger
03-17-2013, 09:57 AM
Oooooo the orange one looks sweet

Designtime
03-17-2013, 12:54 PM
Looks OK!

But it doesn’t really set my soul on fire!

I doesn’t look different enough like the old Buells.

Nothing sets it apart from any other bike.

That’s a nice colour onesies!

Darren

treyflee
03-18-2013, 06:48 PM
Looks pretty sweet in person, too many people in the way to get good pics. The black one is actually the carbon one, but I liked the orange one. It was also pretty cool that Erik was standing around talking to people. He is in the background of the orange one.

HMTRAN
03-18-2013, 11:10 PM
The man himself

BuellyBagger
03-19-2013, 07:39 AM
In defense of the 1190rs looking very similar to many other supersportbikes, id think it would be hard to stray much in the overall design of a bike intended solely for being as fast as possible in every way. They've all got 2 wheels, have to be as light and sleek as possible.

thrstrmech
03-19-2013, 08:29 AM
I doesn’t look different enough like the old Buells.

Nothing sets it apart from any other bike.

1125 based chassis, EBR Racing...that in itself sets it apart from other bikes, oh wait, it's an American sportbike, hmmmm:p

you may wanna check out the vids from the Craftsman interviews with EBR...do you know of any other sportbike having air scoops for the front brake caliper to it cool, or the braking system design of the xb's and 1125's, under slung exhaust, low center of weight distribution, shall I go on...:p:p:p

netty2424
03-19-2013, 02:06 PM
I love the bike, but I still can't get past that exhaust. Maybe it will grow on me!

SilveradoTX
03-19-2013, 03:17 PM
[up] [up]

I agree with netty2424, the exhaust is probably my least favorite part aesthetically. Still like the bike, though.

oh9bolt
03-19-2013, 03:35 PM
The exhaust is held on with 2 clamps, it could be gone in 60 seconds... It was put on to meet emissions in every country it was sold in.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s103/jacogan/BUELL/EBR%201190rs/IMG_4881.jpg

:)

thrstrmech
03-19-2013, 04:23 PM
think Keda Designs can make her look purdy:D

Dirk07
06-20-2013, 11:48 PM
Hmm nice bikes... but I like the black one.. because its more attractive color.. and the front of the bike is also looking shiny. I think its complete stock bike, did you have done any modifications on that bike? or you planned something.

Dirk07
06-21-2013, 04:10 AM
Hmm nice bikes... but I like the black one.. because its more attractive color.. and the front of the bike is also looking shiny. I think its complete stock bike, did you have done any modifications on that bike? or you planned something.

Guys please share views also..

Tieman wheelchair lifts (http://www.allvehicleaccessories.com.au/wheelchair-accessible-conversions-modifications/2324)

Fourtrax450R
09-16-2013, 02:18 PM
I met Erik over the weekend at NJMP. He was probably one of the coolest guys Ive ever met. We went from learning detailed information about this new product, to telling funny stories and real situations. You ask him a question about a bike, he doesnt beat around the bush. If his Buell sucked, he let you know.

From 20 feet away the 1190RS is a normal Superbike you'd see in a parking lot. You get closer and you start to notice all of the "little things". That Front rotor, no more drilling, only slots. In fact, its machined so precisely, it has cooling fins like car brakes. He changed the floating rotor design, basically reversed the mounting system and eliminated the springs. This helps dissipate the heat evenly into the rim and tire. the The Brake cooling scoops (as mentioned in another comment) is just a smart idea that is often overlooked. Even the rear brake pedal and shifter have adjustable ends on them, not only for easier adjustments, but more precise. Everything is just more precise, more refined.

The motor is set up at 72 degrees ( 720 degrees of rotation is one full 4 stroke cycle). He didn't set it up for that reason. The way he explained it was truly amusing;

"I tried it at 68, 69, 70, 71, and 73 degrees, they all sounded like crap. 72 degrees was just perfect, that's when I knew what it would be. I said to myself, yes, thats it right there. not 71, not 73. Those degrees were close, but just hurt the ears. 72 degrees was perfect harmonically. Its just coincidence."

Any problem you've had with your Buell in the past, was not over looked by the EBR team. These bikes are race ready, even the EBR racing team agrees. EBR team modifies the bike significantly less than the other teams do.

I'm glad to see that Erik is back in the game, and he has big plans for more models. That being said, the EBR team needs much more support. After talking with Erik, understanding a little bit of what goes on in his head, I decided I want to start Buell meets at the AMA races if possible. I'm sure we can gather a decent following.

PM me if interested!

djs2k2
09-16-2013, 02:22 PM
Cool