PDA

View Full Version : WTB Latus Exhaust

SGTX
03-18-2013, 04:24 AM
Hello,

My first Buell should be on the road for delivery this week. I would like to put a Latus exhaust on it, 2007 XB12S. If you have one, or have a friend of a friend or a friend wanting to get rid of one, please PM me.

SGTX
03-24-2013, 06:02 AM
Any Latus version of muffler, that keeps fairing?

Internet Annoyance
03-25-2013, 01:23 AM
My understanding is they are no longer made...I read up on these and they seem to use a common Car muffler like a stainless Duromax,Dynomax or Flowmaster and modify it with tabs, brackets and a customized intake pipe to fit the Buells. If you stop and think about this, the muffler doesnt care what kind of engine is attatched to it,, if its 4 stroke its
"Suck, squeeze, Bang and Blow"....So if it works good on the track,street or Dyno on a car, it will for a bike.
In my opinion,,,,,, it would look odd on any other kind of motorcycle but these XB buells use a rather odd looking stock public transportation mass transit muffler anyway, so what the hell?

You can buy a Top of the line Flowmaster in stainless from Summit for cheap,, bet it wouldnt take much to make your own, if you dont have the tools or shop space to do it I bet a custom exhaust shop can whip one right up. theres one near me I have had bend some pipes for me.

Im hoping to find out who was doing these mufflers for Latus HD, I live close by and know a few former and current employees and see what they say.

Im modifying my stock muffler myself, theres several threads on here and other forums on how to do this.as well as several good Youtube videos. and basically replicating the drummer. I bought exhaust tips at a local autoparts store ($8 each) and a can of ceramic type Header paint. I have the stainless Mesh in my metal pile, and some exhaust packing left over from another project. I also bought some stock Tuber stainless mufflers off of ebay for cheap, and maybe later ill hollow one of those out, weld on brackets and use it on my 2007 XB9. I have all the weld equipment, its all basic fab work. Hope you can find one ready to go, but dont be afraid to go the DIY route.