PDA

View Full Version : Primary Cover

SeabeeBueller
01-08-2009, 12:35 AM
BPG, A few questions for you. I'm pretty sure that the 09 Blacked out Primary Cover will fit my 05 12R, but I am not positive. Also will the new pegs and linkage fit? Blacked out of course. I need to replace everything and since I am at it I want to change the Gearcase cover to the black one as well. I'm not sure how much the gearcase cover costs if you could tell me it would be appreciated. Also does the timing inspection cover and clutch cover come with the Primary cover as one package or do I have to buy seperate? I know its alot but thank you very much for your help.
Bill

Poohspot18
01-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Also Wanting to know this info. :)

BuellPartsGuy
01-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Yes it will all fit

Everything is always seperate. All hard parts on Buells are ala cart, unless it says Kit or Assembly and even then t may not come with all of it. I will get you prices and everything when I get back to work on Tuesday

SeabeeBueller
01-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Outstanding!! Thanks BPG

BuellPartsGuy
01-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Primary Cover - 25521-06 - $220.00

Oil Pump Cover - 25782-08 - $47.99

Oil Pump - 26357-08 - $184.00

The linkages and pegs are not black. The primary cover does not include the other covers.

SeabeeBueller
01-14-2009, 01:48 AM
again, thank you for the help

Buellysses
01-14-2009, 06:41 PM
BPG;

Wondering if you could clarify something for me. I've seen similar primary discussions before, and it seems that the general consensus is that any XB primary will fit any XB motor.

I have an 06 Uly, on the original primary cover the shifter shaft hole was the same diameter from one end to the other and there was a pressed in flanged bushing on the interior side and the rubber seal on the outside.

I have purchased 2 used primary covers, and neither of them would fit my bike. If I remember correctly, one was off an 03 12S the other was off 9r (not sure of the year) Both of them have a lip on the interior side of the shifter shaft hole that is too small for the shifter shaft to go through. They have the same seal on the outside, but no bushing on the inside.

Any thoughts?

BuellPartsGuy
01-14-2009, 08:18 PM
Replace the inner bushing with the one for you particular bike and all is good.

Buellysses
01-15-2009, 07:19 PM
On the 2 I bought there wasn't bushing on the inside, there is a shoulder that's part of the casting. I had to go buy a big ass drill bit to remove the shoulder, then spent 2 hours with a dremel and grinding stone to remove some height... then put the bushing off my cover on there.

I wish I would have taken some pictures, but I was on a last ditch effort to get my bike ready for the 105th.

jacrex1
02-09-2009, 05:41 AM
ok...on the subject of fit....I have an XB9R I bought wrecked, needs a primary cover, on ebay I see a cover like mine, broken shifter bolt mount...he says it fitsa blast too, is that correct? I bought another that was supposedto fit 2003 and there in NO WAY! nothing lines up , that guy said fits sportster too so im assuming it fits tube frame buells ...is there a blast cvr that fits the firebolt ? part #25521-00Y maybe ?