PDA

View Full Version : where to download megalog viewer for free?

DcBueller84
04-14-2013, 05:59 PM
I tried to download what I thought was mega log viewer from buellmods.com but got some download viewer. then I downloaded mega log viewer but them it asked for 30 bucks to register. what to do? [confused]

DcBueller84
04-15-2013, 12:09 PM
So i guess i'll be paying that 30 buck since a free version doesnt exist. [confused]

FlaXB9R
04-15-2013, 01:40 PM
what to do

Pay the $30 and stop being a cheap ass! :D

With that said, I searched high and low for a free version before I purchased it and could't find it.

It's a small fee for the value you receive.

mmcn49
04-15-2013, 02:44 PM
In the new MLV are you able to change RPM and TPS values? I've made several granularity changes to both.

DcBueller84
04-15-2013, 02:50 PM
its always best to ask around and seed IMO. free is for me lol [smirk] thanks

greasyxb9s
04-15-2013, 03:32 PM
I have it for free..... I didnt pay for it.... let me see if I can find the link

d_adams
04-15-2013, 04:47 PM
Why not use Tunerpro RT? It's free and supports logging on Buells.

BuellfordTJustice
04-15-2013, 05:21 PM
It's been a while since I looked at Tunerpro. Does it feature an analysis tool like Megalog? If not, then there's one reason to pursue Megalog as another tool for the toolbox. I think Tunerpro vs. ECMSPY might be a more valid comparison. From what I recall, both ECMSPY and Tunerprolet you log, retrieve, view, modify (manually) and push maps and EEPROM files to/from the bike, but neither have an automated map tuning feature like Megalog Viewer. I could be wrong.

rchuff
04-15-2013, 05:24 PM
How is Tunerpro RT to us I have it downloaded but have not used it yet, i'm still using ecmspy is it any easyer.

greasyxb9s
04-15-2013, 05:34 PM
I find it more confusion....

ich
04-16-2013, 06:12 AM
but neither have an automated map tuning feature like Megalog Viewer
which is of no help with a buell. log file analysis and dynamic maps from ecmspy provide much faster and better results.

BuellfordTJustice
04-16-2013, 07:38 AM
Ich-

Thanks for the reply. I have read that MLV is not optimal for tuning Buells, for some of the reasons you've previously posted. What is the tuning process you would use on your own Buell? Not asking for a step-through, just a general idea.

Sorry for the semi thread-jack, but I thought the dialogue might help others who look to MLV as their main tuning method.

ich
04-16-2013, 08:40 AM
http://www.ecmspy.com/ug_mono/V1.1/userguide_mono.shtml#tuning
which is more or less the same as this
http://www.ecmspy.com/tgv2/guide2.shtml#7.%20Methods

BuellfordTJustice
04-16-2013, 09:18 AM
I haven't gone through it in a while and forgot how informative that V2 tuning guide is. Time to revisit it. It's an awesome primer for anyone even thinking about tuning their Buell. If you don't understand all the terms and principles now, the dots will start connecting once you start playing with your tuning software and looking at your logs.

If you own a Buell, you owe it to yourself to download or otherwise obtain at least 2 items:

1. The factory maintenance manual for your bike. This will answer 99 percent of the noob questions you find on this board.
2. The Tuning Guide. Even if you're not into tuning (yet), this guide is a wealth of info on how the different systems and sensors work together. It can be a great foundation for troubleshooting and diagnosing running anomalies.

Thanks again for the links, Ich.

Unionvillecountryboy
04-20-2014, 11:43 PM
Are either of those the original tuning manual? I spoke with octopus and he said I need the original for a good step by step guide. I also need to know a good site to download megalog.