PDA

View Full Version : Drag Racing

07xb12r
05-11-2007, 11:09 PM
I went drag racing last night:D I went to the Harley/Buell shootout @ Great lakes Dragway in Union Grove, WI. What a great experience! I had the best time. You couldn't scrape the smile from face. All the people there were very friendly and informative. Alot of Buells as well! I was actually surprised. And all the Harley riders were very excepting and talkative as well. A great camaraderie among all the racers. I would totally recommend for anyone to give it a shot.
OK...Now for the real "juice" I ran a best of 12.12 with a best .121 reaction time. I made 16 passes in all, trying various things to get off the line without going over. I had a few that I stood it straight up and down.(I can't even begin to describe how "sticky" the staging area is!!!) Most of the bikes run wheelie bars, and I can see how it would make you feel more comfortable, leaving hard and not worrying. I did surprise a few (and my self, lol)with some better times than the "prepared" bikes. I rode there, then rode home after, and ran totally stock. I will definitely be entering every event, which is every other Thursday night. I will be practicing hard on cutting better lights, and harder launches...I rev between 2500&3000 and leave when the last amber lights. No red lights, which is good...but, also means I'm not trying hard enough:p Well, was my first time with this wheelie happy bike, I fully intend to get to 3500 to 3800 launches, cut some better lights and break into the 11s[up] I had a friend take some pictures, I will post them soon. If you get a chance...you've gotta do it, just friggin' awesome:D:D:D

maybebuell
05-11-2007, 11:28 PM
16 passes and still having a clutch is pretty good

coolice
05-11-2007, 11:37 PM
07XB glad to meet you, and hope to see you at more events.

07xb12r
05-12-2007, 12:46 AM
Hey coolice, the pleasure was all mine! I didn't know you were a member here too, very cool. Does everyone here know of your expertise and experiences? Your plethora of knowledge would be put to such good use here. Please don't be humble, and let everyone know of your incredible accomplishments! I want to thank you again for helping me out and giving me advice and info. I also enjoyed meeting your girlfriend, very nice people! You made me feel very welcome. I could write so much more, but I don't think this is the place to do that we will hook up again soon...Thanks again, and please write a little about yourselves and post some pics, we would all greatly appreciate it!

BadS1
05-12-2007, 02:37 AM
07XB12R,

Where do you live?? I'm in Racine, and also know Coolice and Nancy. I was going to be out there but things pop up out of ones control. Maybe see ya/meet ya next time.

2Evil4U
05-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Very cool. I don't race my bike but I have a '80 Firebird I've run nearly every weekend for the last 12 years.

One thing about the Buells. There is video of one of the members of another site showing what happens on a launch when the clutch cable snaps. (It's not too pretty.) I'd inspect the clutch cable connection at the clutch itself religiously.

07xb12r
05-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Hi Bad S1, I live in northern Il. Look forward to meeting you bud. I had such a great experience up there Thurs. I have raced before, but the comeradery is awesome at the shootouts, way different than anything I have experienced. Nancy & Coolice are very kool, knowledgeable, and thankfully outgoing people. I can sure learn alot. The stories they must be able to tell! Sorry everyone...there is a story in the Buell magazine about "some" of their exploits.(the daytona race) Thank you all for the advice on the clutch, I will be careful, nothing burning yet,lol.

BadS1
05-14-2007, 01:16 AM
Heres s story for ya then. Are you going to make it to Homecoming this year ?? If you are,are you going to stay in a Hotel/ motel in this area?? I'm one of the hosts for this years Homecoming and I have Erik Buell and the Thunderbolts playing at my Bar on July 5th that evening. Plenty of Bueller's will be there... including Mike aka Coolice. If you need info I have motel info and such.

05xb12r
05-15-2007, 04:17 PM
damn i didnt realize you guys lived that close to me, i live in kenosha... and i also run my bike at great lakes gragaway...

BadS1
05-15-2007, 08:50 PM
05XB12R,

Shoot me a email at www. hotbuell at wi.rr.com we can maybe hook up. I have a few of us Buellers in our area. My cell is 1-262-939-9922. You coming to Homecoming???

07xb12r
05-17-2007, 12:35 AM
I have a hard time commiting...I'm on the road alot. I want to go so bad I can taste it. I will put in for the time, I will call you and let you know.(or see you at the track) Where is your bar, maybe I could shoot up there, bench race,ect...
What color is yours 05xb12r? I see a blue running greenbay road at times...you? (i'm always going opposite way,lol) I work near Greenbay & Wadsworth roads.

BadS1
05-17-2007, 02:01 AM
Nope not me. I have a XB12S and its pretty much a custom. Featured in last Septembers Super Street Bike mag. I'd like to post a pic but can't on this sight. Send me your email and I'll shoot a pic your way. My place is on HWY 20 in Racine about 3 blocks East from HWY 31 on the North side of the street. Ya got the number give me a shout anytime.

05xb12r
05-19-2007, 11:53 PM
i have the 05xb12r, my bike is black and amber...

what was your speed when you ran a 12.12

07xb12r
05-20-2007, 02:37 AM
the speed was 110 mph, very consistant on that too.Now...if I can just get the rest as consistant.