PDA

View Full Version : gf wants a bike

nativeXb12Rbuell
01-15-2009, 05:57 AM
my gf wants a bike she wants something like newer ninga 250r or the blast or lighting xb. so with me having buell firebolt i think she should get a blast first . so is there any hates, likes,about the blast or problems or any general info you can share with me on the blast .thanks.

Stevenc150
01-15-2009, 02:16 PM
She ever ridden or taken an MSF course? It all depends on her skill level and what she's comfortable with in my opinion. She probably needs to sit on them all and see what "feels" best, and ride them if she's rode before. If she's green, I'd highly recommend a MSF course first.

ezblast
01-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Concur!

BadDad320
01-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Agree with the "sit on it test" . My GF, now my wife had a 250 Ninja.... She wanted a little more power and we started to look. She sat on the Blast and without ever riding it announced "I want this one". The riding position on the Blast was what she liked best.... Now she would like a "smoother" engine... We will be checking alot of bikes at the bike show this weekend.... I'm partial to the Lightning.... Time will tell.......

Poohspot18
01-15-2009, 06:11 PM
That's what My Wife said. shes assumed that she would be able to learn on my firebolt, but the standover was too high, so I had her stand over a blast and she was sold. I wish I could have set her on a Lightning SCG. oh well. Like BadDad said, Time will tell. Both the MSF and the Harley Riders Edge are good. I'd do the MSF first, because in most places it's cheaper, and then if you do choose to go to the Riders Edge, you have a little more of a grasp and can absorb more instruction for your money.

1001yos
01-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Heh, heh

"sit on it test....."

Heh, heh,

That's what my wife said.....

too funny

nativeXb12Rbuell
01-15-2009, 08:14 PM
yes she has taken the MSF course . she knows she wants a lesser expensive bike without alot of power first then in a year maybe two she will get a lighting . as said she likes the ninja 250r but the blast is less expensive to buy and maybe cheaper to fix if (when) it gets laid down and maybe cheaper maintence. we plan on takin both for a test drive or least sit on test for her in a few days . to help her decide but the money is also the larger factor.

.. maybe i should asked the questoin a little different. my question is for people who own or have owned a buell blast and what they thought of it and how it handles and maintence cost , what was it about the blast that made u to decide to buy it. ( so is there any hates, likes,about the blast or problems or any general info you can share with me on the blast). me I own a Buell Firebolt XB12R and i love it .(my first bike of any kind). it handles perfect (like it reads your mind what u want it to do) perfect amount of power for me .that some of the reason i love my firebolt , I want to what blast owners think of there blast , cost, handling , power , noise, comfort, ETC....

just want to know as much about it from people who own them. before we buy whatever.

ezblast
01-16-2009, 01:40 AM
LOL - you can do some inexpensive mods to a stocker that will really change their attitude, and barely affect looks.
EZ

BadDad320
01-16-2009, 03:10 AM
Having had both the Blast and a 250 Ninja in the stable I'll say they are both great bikes. I just asked my wife and she says without a doubt the Blast is easier to ride, more relaxed riding position & has better gearing. I know, I know .... I said more relaxed riding position".........

AdHoc
04-09-2009, 02:34 PM
i know this thread has been silent for a while but i'm still going to chime in. I bought a blast to learn on because it was comfortable and easy to handle with no prior bike experience (im 5'7", athletic build). I had the idea that i'd want to upgrade "in a year or two"...well for me that lasted 6 months. Loved the bike and will continue to ride it for 2 more weeks then it's time to pass it on.

I downed the bike once and the only damage was a bent right brake lever and the handlebar end got scratched up. Maintenance has been cheap for me. The blast might keep a less aggressive rider happy for longer (without mods, i'm not slighting you, ezblast :) but after a couple long rides i really want to get something smoother with a bit more power.

ezblast
04-09-2009, 03:35 PM
LOL - believe me when I say - I am definitely aggressive.
EZ[cool]

fahren
04-20-2009, 03:47 PM
I have a Blast as well as an xb12Ss, and I still love the Blast - yes it is a totally different ride than the Lightning, but it is so darned light, with such responsive handling, and so easy all around that it is...um,... a BLAST! I say you can't go wrong, especially for the price. Then you can sell it, or get into mod's, or just use it for around town or commuting w/o worrying about it.

Trill
04-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Our local MSF uses the blast for the training bike :)