PDA

View Full Version : insane prices?????? I just need some head(s)

Internet Annoyance
04-18-2013, 12:48 AM
okay, I just dont get Feebay sometimes. People go crazy and pay more for a used part than you can buy them new for from a reputable shop or retailer. People go nuts and price stuff based on these insane prices and its hard to reason with them. on and on.

So, im betting some here watched the same recent auction so its no real secret, and I certainly dont want to inflate anyones ego or prices for parts.. But i have been collecting parts for a number of bike projects i have. Got some pretty fair deals and im happy with that. But i need a set of XB heads for one of my projects, I have Cyls and other parts pretty much nailed down ( I have a lot of project bikes). So.........

I book marked a recent auction for a REALLY nice looking pair of heads for a XB, they even had the rocker box assys still on them, nice and complete and looked good in the pictures and fairly low miles allegedly. (its feebay, so the alleged part should be carefully considered).
So, the bidding went CRAZY, final high bid was at auction end, $688.90 plus shipping. WTF?........... thats insane.
At 550, I gave up and emailed the seller, (flying.fxr) and told him the same thing, i was giving up, no offence to him, but you can buy complete motors for not a lot more. He answered back, he was surprised too, He thought it would top out at $450. Great day for him i suppose.
$688.90 was what it ended at. WTF?????????

So,,,, At this point, I still am in need of a pair of heads for an XB, anyone got any? Even if the front head has damage,,, im negotiable,
At this point, im better off finding a wrecked bike and parting it than trying to buy this stuff piece by piece,
maybe its just me???

Red93stang
04-18-2013, 05:52 AM
I have noticed that with the ZTL2 calipers also! People are stupid! I've seen those calipers go for 360 bucks plus shipping. Good luck with your search!

worker88
04-18-2013, 06:03 AM
I thought this was going to be about the traction grips.

Good luck on the search.

konarider94
04-18-2013, 07:03 AM
the buell xb heads go for crazy amount because the sportsters guys want in on the hp party. so yes we can still blame the harley riders.

firefighter1c57
04-19-2013, 06:06 AM
Same here, I went to 6 on those same heads... hate bidding against guys here. What really pisses me off though are the guys that will run **** like that up 10 day or so before the auction ends. Like really? There's ten days to go and you've already quadrupled the opener thinking "no one will bid more than that".

My other pet peeve, R fairing stays. I literally see them sale for more on eghay than they cost new from Harley. I've literally thought of buying several just to sale on there.

konarider94
04-19-2013, 06:29 AM
everyone hates on buells but they all want our parts. funny how that works. I wish we could limit sales to those with a valid buell vin number. Everybody wants the 1" drop pegs from a lightning. So many people use lighting modules and im starting to see the r fronts on various bikes. and the sportster guys stealing engine parts and front ends. There will be no repair parts left for us.

Negative
04-19-2013, 06:38 AM
Not to derail this thread but....... That's totally not the way I expected this thread to go... Lolol