PDA

View Full Version : 01 Blast will not start

thedarkfox
04-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Long story short blast was running fine until I went for a long uphill drive, stalled out and would not start. I have replaced the ignition coil, the plug wire and the plug but it still won't start?
Any advice would be great and most appreciated.

Thanks!

nemoxb
04-18-2013, 07:39 PM
Intake boot?...

thedarkfox
04-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Well, I went out and tried again to make sure it was still not starting, I took off the airbox cover and covered the carb with my hand to get some backpressure and it started right up? I drove it around the block turned it off now it will not start again even if I cover the carb, maybe a carb problem or would anyone still think boot? I did visually inspect the boot and no cracks.

thedarkfox
04-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Anyone? Carb maybe?

justin4260
06-24-2013, 06:39 PM
carb boot?

Theycallmecrash
06-24-2013, 06:49 PM
The logic in this thread doesnt make sense. Its a simple system, fuel and spark.
To check for fuel issue, propane, starter fluid even brake clean down the carb and crank, if it runs on those its fuel related. If its spark related nothing will happen. Pull plug wire, put a screw driver in it hold it near ground 1mm 1/8inch, no arch, ignition system issue. If it sparks, and artificial fueling, then its mechanical.
Fueling: petcock, fuel line, carb float, needle & jet.
Ignition: plug fouled/damaged, plug wire, coil, ignition module, ignition/igniter/pickup... Mechanical failure (unlikely mechanical) then obviously wites in between those parts.

The boot, if high idle at first, if not running search the boot for obvious tears leaks breakdown loose, off carb.
Good luck