PDA

View Full Version : 2008 xb12 programmable ecm + ecm spy cable

zuum
04-21-2013, 12:00 PM
$300/obo early production 2008 ecm, was never "tuned" professionally, but ecm spy was tested and fully working, read/write etc.

Was removed from my personal bike, not a wreck, just a poorly planned project. I have been told this makes it possible to tune 2008-2010 bikes... but never owned anything but my 2008 (not late 2007) to try.

Hope this makes sense...

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k256/zuumdragon/IMG_20130421_111830.jpg

sparky300
04-21-2013, 03:49 PM
Not to tc dude but all ecm's are programmable. A new-in-box EBR ecm is $305 pre-programmed for bike specific intake/exhaust combo. That cable is $40 on fleabay. Just saying you might be a tad high on your asking price. GLWS

zuum
04-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Thanks, I can appreciate that... all ecm's are not programmable though, 2008-up bueod ecm's are, but not all 08+ are bueod. It is OBO... so it cant really be high at all. This is the same board EBR uses to burn their race ecm's for 08+.

Go ahead and give your money to eric if you want, I tryed dealing with him on the bike this ecm came from, and at that time he wanted nothing to do with anything Buell... theres better companies out there.

crawfo
04-21-2013, 07:55 PM
All Buell ecms are programable, just not with ecm spy. As i understand it it is popular to use tunerpro on the 08-10 ecm's. If you would like to talk to an expert about it give the tuniversity a shout. He is the resident expert on ecm tums here at buellxb. Also a forum supporter/sponser as I understand it. He would be able to clear up any and all confusion. He has a link here on the page with the sponsers.

zuum
04-21-2013, 08:21 PM
Thanks crawfo. Im actually familiar with tuner pro, but haven't looked into in some time. I had a lot trouble getting it to even see the ecm... the fact that this is ready to go, so no confusion there.

Id take $250 shipped for the set. Thanks guys, would prefer to have been able to finish the project... but **** happens thats out our hands.

Ardent

theoctopus
04-21-2013, 10:42 PM
Pardon the interjection, but I thought I would chime in with a few clarifications.

There was a subset of 2008 ECMs produced very early in the build cycle that were DDFI-3 based, but were still capable of being tuned by ECMSpy. It sounds like this is one of those ECMs. They were a very hot commodity in 2009/early 2010, when there were no easy tuning solutions available for 08+ bikes. Essentially, you could plug the ECM into any 08+ bike, and tune it as you would have any earlier model Buell. I remember trying very hard to track one down.

These days, however, they are in less demand because TunerPro and the newer ECMSpy can both handle 08+ Buells with relative ease. If you're familiar with the ECMSpy/MLV combo that worked for earlier Buells, then maybe this is a good buy for you. Otherwise it's just a normal 08+ ECM, and probably doesn't command the same price tag it might have 3-4 years ago.