PDA

View Full Version : Programmable ECM for 2009 Xb12s

Hero Blue Scg
04-30-2013, 05:58 AM
Every time i see one up for sale, it either gets sold before I get around to it, or it isn't programmable and has already been tuned for a certain exhaust. I'm looking for a fully programmable ECM for a 2009 Lighting Scg. I have a full Micron exhaust I want to install, but I need to be programmable and the pricetag for a new one is a little dicey.

If someone has one they are looking to part with, please hit me up. Can pay today if the opportunity presents itself.

Thanks in advance.

lawdog
04-30-2013, 11:23 AM
All ECMs are programmable. You take your stock ECM, download the files, edit it, and then upload it back into the bike. For your exhaust you change the fuel tables and turn off the active muffler control.

theoctopus
04-30-2013, 11:33 AM
We can tune your stock 2009 ECM, no problem. We've tuned dozens.

Come check us out: The Tuniversity (http://www.thetuniversity.com/).

Hero Blue Scg
05-10-2013, 06:07 AM
Thanks for the quick replies, I'm checking out tuniversity now Octopus.

Hzuiel
07-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Why am I seeing stuff that says that you can't re-program the xb ecm's past 2007 then?

sparky300
07-10-2013, 12:06 PM
ECMspy will work on ecm's up to and including 07, TunerPro works best on 08 and later.

Hzuiel
07-10-2013, 12:53 PM
If you have the software, all you need is the communication cable? Is tunerpro a freeware program or you have to pay for it? The pre-programmed ecm from EBR says it's for 2003-2007 xb's(and that it's the version 2). Can an older version ecm be put in a 2008 or newer?

Hzuiel
07-10-2013, 01:24 PM
I looked at tunerpro's website and they have a version that is free and one that is 40 dollars. I can spare 40 dollars, but what features are unlocked in the paid version that are not in the free one. It looks like this is a cheaper option than anything else by far. The communications cable and box is 150 bucks from erik buell racing. That makes it at worst 190 bucks.

theoctopus
07-10-2013, 04:31 PM
I can tune any FI Buell, regardless of year and ECM type. I prefer not to tune EBR ECMs, however, since they can usually be sold to make my clients enough money to cover my tuning services (and then some, sometimes).

An older ECM cannot be put into a newer bike.

TunerPro RT is free. You can donate to the developer (which I recommend, given how hard he has worked on the software) if you'd like, which will remove the 10 second splash screen that is found during software startup. Otherwise, paying money does not afford you any greater capabilities.

You do not need a comm cable and box from EBR. You need a PC-based laptop, an ECM cable (here (http://xoptiinside.com/buell_cable__bluetooth)), TunerPro, and some spare time to tune any 08+ Buell.