PDA

View Full Version : #)!(&%_*)& WHEEL BEARINGS

bueluly
01-19-2009, 11:00 PM
Tapered wheel bearing or other wheel bearing upgrades available for the ULY wheels? Stock bearing selection uses pressed steel cages that spread due to lean angle thrust loads and over torque monkeys. This pushes the seals out just before the bearing fails. Rivited or machined cages is being sought as an alternative. Will also include dual seal full contact seals similar to NSK DDU type until taperds can be identified.

bueluly
01-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Explination for initial post on this topic. Seen lots of guessing on all forums/boards regarding this topic. So far nothing conclusive for the past few years that I've seen. Just signed up on this board. My 07 ULY with 15K is in the shop getting the entire swing arm replaced due to this common failure.

LeFox
01-20-2009, 07:50 AM
there bearings you can use from skf which seem to hold up alot better...

otherwise, if you have the money, ceramic ;)

RHYNOXB9R
01-20-2009, 09:48 PM
I had my bearings go out on the freeway,replaced with the SKF's,very happy with them.The part number is SKF Explorer 6006 2RSJEM.

isogear
07-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Have 08 Uly XT for 9 months and now at 17K miles have problem to deal with. First noticed rough turning of front wheel bearing at 3K miles but ignored. Now have side-side wobble of about 1mm and HD is replaceing WB's. Also now have more than normal handlebar vibration...could be bearings? Will dealer put in SKF as warranty replacement?

RT Performance
07-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Boka ceramic will be going in my 1125 when it needs them