PDA

View Full Version : Breather Hose ReRoute Situation

boney95
01-21-2009, 08:01 AM
did the rerouted breather mod the other week and when complete I couldn't fit the air box base plate on because the hoses sat too high up prevent the plate from sitting flush with the frame. What I ended up doing was running the hose from the rear cylinder through the throttle cables (the metal tubes that each run through before they hit the bracket then the actual cable is exposed) and then having the T just past the cables. I had to pull the hose through the cables some what hard, as the hose is now pinched a bit. So I guess my question is, is the hose that runs through the cables going to cause any damage over time? I worked the throttle and there is no hang ups, everything is smooth. Should I pull it back apart and try and figure another fix? The pic Kevin has on his website, shows the throttle body and stack area much less congested as mine. Any other 08 owners run into this problem?

jasper
01-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Yea, sounds like an 08 thing boney, with my 06 uly I had no issues at all- lots of room. good luck

Urban_Assault
01-21-2009, 01:47 PM
Hey Boney,

My bike is an '08, here's a few pics of how I routed my hoses.

Breather Mod (http://buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Do-It-Yourself-Buell-Mods/How-To-Crank-Case-Breather-Mod-with-pics)

boney95
01-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Urban Assault, thanks man! It looks like you ran the T fitting in front of the stack, where theres more room. The T with the hoses connected is fairly fat, thus why Im not able to get the base plate flush when it's located directly left of the stack. I bought the Drummer catch can kit, so the hoses came cut to size. I'll run out to the hardware store and pick up some more hose and run the T in front of the stack. Thanks for the insight!

Odin
01-21-2009, 07:41 PM
I had just enough room to put the top back on. it's probably touching, but nothing was pinched. just kept moving things around/adjusting til it fit and I could put it back together.

Urban_Assault
01-21-2009, 08:07 PM
No worries. I ran into the same problem as you.

There just wasn't enough room, and I wasn't comfortable mashing it all together either.

Glad you found it useful.

-Tim