PDA

View Full Version : wont start anymore!!!!

justin4260
05-09-2013, 01:55 PM
I JUST GOT THIS BIKE it has like 1800 something miles on it and it wont start. I checked the carb boot it doesn't have tears or anything and I charged the battery. the bike turns over but just wont fire up and I cant figure out why. I think its not getting fuel cuz when I try to start it I don't smell anything out of the exhaust. I still have the boot off and the carb almost off just one hose connecting. is there anything I should look at wile I have it off. if not what would cause it to not get fuel and how could it be fixed. im looking for easy cheap fixes before I go into big fixes like changing carbs and stuff. it a 2002 buell blast. it did start when the guy put it on my trailer but when I got home it would start. thought maybe I flooded it but it hasn't started since then (January). any sulutions or theories are GREATLY appreciated. thanks in advance.

justin4260
05-09-2013, 02:23 PM
I realy need some help on this one. im sure if I smelled gas I couldn't realy tell. when I took the carb off some gas came out so I guese It is getting fuel. is there any othere reason why it wont start. I already checked for spark from the plug boot but not the plug itself.

rchuff
05-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Justin what year and model bike do you have? Is this a blast?

ghostedrider
05-09-2013, 06:06 PM
check that the kill switch is not turned on - its on the right hand controls and also check that the gas spigot is on or at reserve the fuel in the tank may be low

justin4260
05-10-2013, 11:16 AM
yes the kill switch is set to off and the fuel switcg is on it has about half a tank I think
its a 2002 buell blast I have tried on reserve but I will try again.