PDA

View Full Version : spark plug changing???

tbramich
05-15-2007, 01:35 AM
how often do you guyss do it?
also how is it done do you need to drop the engine?
they look really tight in there but i think i can get them out of the top. any ideas? suggestions?

jaredxb12
05-15-2007, 07:09 AM
hi, you can do it without dropn the engine,,it is tight, but can b done. i changed mine at 3500 and went to the buell pro plugs.you dont need to do them that soon. only reason i did was i went with the tfi k&n and new exhaust, so tuning in the tfi ran it rich a little while dieln it in so i went ahead and did the swap.

tbramich
05-15-2007, 10:42 AM
well my bike has an aftermarket exhaust & this week gets the K&N filter. ECM to be done in a week or 2. how do you tune the tfi? you need a pc interface or is there a manual adjustment?
i know get a manual- its on the way

jaredxb12
05-15-2007, 04:41 PM
hi, when i say tfi, i meen the aftermarket techlusion eletronic jet kit tfi.it comes with instructions, but as with any fuel mod, to get the most out of it id slap it on a dyno.also, i felt a big diffrence when i added the open airbox kit to the k&n filter

tbramich
05-15-2007, 06:04 PM
open airbox kit? where do i get one of those? i just ordered the k&n filter so that would be awsome!! im running really rich right now so more air should make it leaner- or i hope so

jaredxb12
05-16-2007, 04:38 AM
americansportbike.com. they are good people . it cost around 65$ and well worth it. you have to reroute youe crankcase breather tubes as well, they make a nice catch can that mounts next to the oil cooler but i went with the k&n small filter for only about 25$ u can get from them as well. comes with evert thing u need. no extra holes to drill or anything. only extra thing u will need is a small tube of sensor safe gasket compound 'silicone' u can pick it up at any parts store 4 a couple bucks.send me ur email addy and ill shoot u a pic of the installed open air box setup if u want

tbramich
05-16-2007, 04:08 PM
tbramich@yahoo.com
looking forward to seeing those pics

XB9er
09-16-2007, 05:44 PM
jaredxb12,

Can you send me a few pics too? I got oil leaking from the breather tube and I would like to see the catch can and/or the K&N filter set up.

thanks.

XB9er
09-16-2007, 05:46 PM
woops. gerry207@hotmail.com

n1hlist
05-02-2008, 01:05 AM
You can change the front plug easily without any trouble. (you do have to take the intake scoop off though (3 screws). To change the rear plug, take off the seat and the air box. Take the whole air box off, not just the top. Use a flexible extension to get the plug out. Use a 5/8" inner diameter scrap piece of fuel line (rubber hose) to get that rear plug started. I have a spark plug socket and flex attachment, but the fuel line still worked better to get the plug started. As far as pushing the rear wire on, it's just a biotch. I haven't found a good way to get it other than to struggle till it pops on.