PDA

View Full Version : EBR ECM and ECM spy problem

camouflage
05-27-2013, 09:21 AM
Hi folks, This is my first post after lurking around these boards infomation gathering for a quite a while after purchasing a 2008 XB12SS Long. (which I absolutly love btw :D )

My bike has an EBR ECM, Jardine pipe and I am just about to do an open air box mod on it. I purchased ECM Spy to do all the cool code and mapping stuff but started getting a "Failed to get firmware version" message every time I scanned. I then found out I had an EBR ECM (by looking at the part numbers on the ECM case) and when I went to fetch EEPROM it suddenly all connected and pulled the EEPROM and the MAP from the ECM.
I still have a problem when trying to read trouble codes it still throughs up the "Failed to get firmware version" message..................
Is this because EBR ECM and ECM spy are not compatible or have I made a error some where?
Do I need a different software to interigate an EBR ECM?

d_adams
05-27-2013, 09:31 AM
Yep, you need different software for DDFI-3 ecm's.

www.tunerpro.net

Tunerpro RT, the buell io-plugin and then whatever xdf file matches your bike's firmware. Not sure what cool code and mapping stuff it is you want to do, but that's what you'll need to get started. If you're planning on doing some data logging, you'll need an adx file as well.

Check with www.xoptiinside.com for more info.

Btw, if you do mess with the race ecm, it will void your EBR ecm warranty if you still have one.

Theycallmecrash
05-27-2013, 09:48 AM
My expierence is unless you are doing some serious mods, headers, muffler, air box delete breather re-route, and opened up air box, there isnt a huge need to tweak your tuning. If its all about top HP then yeah tweak away.
I have an exhaust, air box delete, breather re-route, and maintain a 98% AFV... Thats cause i run a stock air fiter though, the K&N leaned it way way out!

camouflage
05-27-2013, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the info guys [up]

I have installed Tuner Pro RT so I wil see if that gets me some better results.

When I bought the bike it already had a Jardine can and EBR ECM (so I am guessing no EBR ECM warrenty) but I am doing an air box delete and breather re route on it so I will need to be able to tweek the settings to get the best out of these mods.

I will l post up how I get on with this :D