PDA

View Full Version : Confused! Need help

stifler
05-15-2007, 07:39 AM
G'day all,
I just purchased my XB12R FIREBOLT '07 Black, and i'm in love. i bought it with the racekit ecm/airfilter inc, but fitted when run in. I've heard conflicting reports and as a result need help from buell people. The shop is saying they don't believe the ecm helps horsepower, also they don't think a after market exhaust system is worth the hinderence to normal low end riding. I atleast want to put the airfilter on and a high perforance can, but which can? Would greatly appreciate any feedback.

tbramich
05-15-2007, 11:01 AM
HD spent hundreds of thousands of dollars developing the exhaust and motor power to work in harmony. why change any of it? nothing gives you the same performance range as stock parts. add ons always take away from somplace (except air filters)

bahamasair
05-15-2007, 11:45 AM
HD spend hundreds of hours making the exhaust and motor meet emission standards not go fast. There bikes are pathetically underpowered and need all the help they can get. I have the race can and ecm and dont have any low speed problems. The ecm doesnt really increase your HP exactly but richens up the bike and has a different map to match the race can. Id 100% put the can and ecm on especially since you bought them with the bike already.

stifler
05-15-2007, 11:59 AM
Cool thanks. i like the sound of the Drummer SS. I'm pump'd.

bahamasair
05-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Drummer makes more power down low so it will actually be perfect for low speed street riding. Ive never heard anyone who wasnt happy with theirs.