PDA

View Full Version : rough idle/back firing and sputtering

egobuster1
06-11-2013, 10:01 AM
2008 buell blast 2100 miles
alright so recently my blast has been running like complete **** and it seemed to come on all of the sudden.
when i fire it up in the mornings it will fire up fine and idle up and seem fine and then as the idle drops it starts to sputter real bad and i have to keep giving it gas to keep it alive and when i give it blips of throttle it acts as almost its getting to much fuel.
once i start riding it, it seems to run fine as I'm riding but when i come to a stop light or something and it has to idle its all i can do to keep it alive as it sputters and the engine will almost like jerk back and forth and sometimes it'll make a popping noise of some sort and i can feel it real bad from the air box area like its popping from the air box.
also I've noticed recently that its been popping more on de-accel and when sitting as i blip the throttle to keep it running it'll kind of pop/backfire too.
i pulled the air filter and it was rather clean but the airbox had a oily/gas residue in it.
im leaning to believe its a air/fuel mixture issue with the carb but not really sure where to start with this one.

egobuster1
06-11-2013, 02:08 PM
heres a video of exactly what its doing.

YouTube link (http://youtu.be/GUPZx8Lkayk)

Semonster
08-24-2013, 10:44 AM
Did you ever find why its doing this?

jetlee
08-24-2013, 06:51 PM
Sounds like your idle speed is too low and your cold start is too rich.