PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust and ecm

wolfblade
01-30-2009, 03:41 AM
If i put the race exhaust and ecm on what an i expect and what all will i have to do? Any resets or what?

squiers007
01-30-2009, 03:50 AM
Hey wolfblade, welcome. After you install the exhaust and race ecm you will need to do a tps reset. That can either be done by the dealer or using ECMspy. If you have any questions about ECMspy check out the search function on the site. It is great when you are looking for information and if all else fails, someone is bound to know.

Stevenc150
01-30-2009, 04:14 AM
Squiers covered most of it. Might also add, if you want the full advantage of the exhaust mod, you'll want to "open" up the intake so it can breathe more air in. You'll need a custom re-map though if you do this extra mod or you'll be running lean. www.xoptiinside.com & www.americansportbike.com both offer services to do a basic remap for intake & exhaust for you. Good luck.

wolfblade
01-31-2009, 04:23 AM
Thanks guys. I appreciate the help.I will let yall know how it goes because i will be doing it myself. Like the hands on approach.

maybebuell
01-31-2009, 11:47 AM
maybe 5 hp with a torque drop...

1SexyBuell
03-14-2009, 08:42 PM
I just got my race air filter and race ecm installed with a tps reset today. the only difference I notice now is the sound and the HP,the bike really pulls a lot harder when I twist the throttle in all gears. I drove it on the highway right over 3000 rpms for a while then really rode to see if I got the speed that I lost when I went from stock to Jardine muffler. I noticed that i go almost just as fast in 4th gear as I do in 5th now... still doesnt ride the way it did when I had the stock muffler, should I get a Dyno tune now??