PDA

View Full Version : New member with my first bike

Buddy85
06-17-2013, 12:01 AM
I have a 03 xb9r firebolt and I'm just looking to get feed back from other owners with this model about how they like their bike and if they have put on aftermarket parts and what is recommended. Thanks

stensg
06-17-2013, 12:31 AM
[confused] welcome to the forum where would you be located?

Lesley
06-17-2013, 04:56 AM
2003 was the first year for HArley Davidson to completely own and run the Buell line. As far as I know the biggest upgrade is the newer and larger drive belt.
Enjoy your HD sportbike, I know I do. Be safe and good luck

BurningExample
06-17-2013, 07:27 AM
My lady just bought an 03 xb9r bolt. she loved it, and really loved it once I lowered it for her. she flies past me all the time now. Its a perfect bike. well all bikes have flaws of course, but its a great bike. i doubt you will have regrets, maybe a few speeding tickets but no regrets lol. be safe

50dro
06-17-2013, 07:34 AM
Welcome to the forum! As others mentioned the belt upgrade is the most common on the 2003's. Other than that, the sky is the limit. If it doesn't already have it, get some crash protection on it to keep it yours. The OEM frame pucks are a must along with some crash protection you can find on our site. Have a look! Also a right side scoop...best $50-60 you'll spend on an XB Buell! [up]

5-0dro
www.5-0dro.com (http://www.5-0dro.com)

MustangGuy
06-17-2013, 09:00 AM
Everyone has their own thoughts on upgrades. I have an 03 Bolt too. I understand that upgrading to the larger drive belt is good. I haven't done that but I've read that the replacement belts for these earlier XB's are stronger than the originals. Frame pucks definitely are an easy and important upgrade too. The kickstand upgrade (pin mod or complete replacement) should be on your list too because the early kickstands have been known to spontaneously fail. You may also want to swap out your shift linkage or at least replace the bolts... Mine snapped off on day without warning eventhough I always treat mine bike kindly and never stomp on the shifter. You may also want to be proactive and check your bike's voltage output. The voltage regulators sometimes fail too. Mine original one was working but not allowing enough of a voltage to keep the battery charged properly... after the swap to the new regulator- perfect. Along that line, a small voltage gauge for peace of mind is a worthwhile addition. There is a wealth of information on here and a great bunch folks with a lot of experience. When searching the forum, you'll get the best results using an external search engine and including "buellxb.com". Welcome to the forum and ride safe!

konarider94
06-17-2013, 09:26 AM
the white wire mod for the 9's is a good improvement. There is an ignition retard around 3000rpm for noise emissions. You can disable it with ecmspy or by cutting or disconnecting the white wire. If you do a google search for buell white wire mod you will find a lot of information.

Burton
06-17-2013, 10:17 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Post some pictures of the new ride... [up]

redwing
06-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Welcome.

jimijeans
06-17-2013, 03:30 PM
That Bike handles great looks great. Now ,once you set up the Suspension for your weight so give it a set up and youi can find plenty of help here on this Forum. There is a lot of Knowledge here combined for US BUELLERS .Welcome to Buell Xb ,read up on the Mods section and have fun. Ride Safe.Jimi [up]