PDA

View Full Version : vent can removal

treetrunk
07-05-2013, 04:35 PM
I got my buell from a friend. Who put in a new piston and sleeve and handed it over. Since then I replaced the ignition module, stock. A ngk iridium plug. Fresh oil at 500 miles in. Started stalling in cold weather so I put on order new intake boot, air box gasket, accel coil to remidy. About to install new pet cock from Harley. And was wondering what to do with the vent lines going into the carbon can? Its only sold on Cali model

treetrunk
07-05-2013, 04:39 PM
I want to eliminate the can. Can anyone help

jetlee
07-05-2013, 06:29 PM
You gotta give it more than 4 minutes, dude.

Just pull the can off and cap/plug any opening that it's connected to.

stensg
07-05-2013, 07:09 PM
No don't cap the line it's a vent for the gas tank the gas will build pressure and when you open the gas cap BAM face full of gas.
And jet i don't think he was being impatient i think he wanted that included with the first post.

jetlee
07-05-2013, 07:12 PM
No don't cap the line it's a vent for the gas tank the gas will build pressure and when you open the gas cap BAM face full of gas.
Yeah, don't cap that line. I meant the lines going to/from the airbox/carb.

And jet i don't think he was being impatient i think he wanted that included with the first post.
Good point, but there's an EDIT button for that.

stensg
07-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Good point, but there's an EDIT button for that
He's new probably didn't notice it

treetrunk
07-06-2013, 12:29 AM
didn't see the edit line.. got it done. removed the carb line completly then cut a small piece of line off of it long enuf to go back on with a bolt bigger than the hose so it wouldnt rattle off. disconected the larger oil breather line at the t juction just behind the carb and got a longer piece to replace the line from the top of the motor to the other plastic t going into the air box. the only line left in was the vent from the gas tank left open to breath and zip tied behind the passenger peg out of site. found it was easier to fit my big hands behind the carb with the air box removed and already had the tank off to replace my petcock. a must for any cali model.
thanks for the tips.

treetrunk
07-06-2013, 12:32 AM
another nice thing is im going to mount a tool holder in place of the can. got one from a honda odessy that im going to mod with washers longer bolts and some short pieces of small pipe to make it fit nice.