PDA

View Full Version : More problems

heagachongoose
07-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Ok so my bone stock 08 1125r with 4500mikes threw a fr2-02 code the other day, which I recently found out is actually a po132. Po132 means I'm running rich? I thought these bike were supposed to run too lean? [confused] and especially with the bike being completely stock that raises some concern.

Next problem. Bike has been sitting for a few days due to rainy weather. Took it out today and BAM! Throttle issues. Absolutlely no throttle response between 3-4k rpms through the gears. Might just be my own paranoia but the throttle seems more difficult to turn than usual.

Tried restarting the bike after letting it sit for a few thinking it may have just been a computer malfunction upon startup. Not the case. Brought it home pulled off the throttle grip checked the tube. All good. Followed cables, looked good. Entered diag mode checked tps.

This is where it gets interesting...

Tps read 2% closed throttle [up] and anywhere from 85% to 66% on open throttle depending on how quickly I open the throttle [down]

I have tried a tps reset and got zero results. [confused]

Anybody have similar issues or ideas?

d_adams
07-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Sounds like you've got something in the way preventing it from opening 100%.

Take the airbox off, outer and inner, along with the lower plate. Re-check the tps with all that off, look for anything that may be binding it up.

Phlegm420
07-07-2013, 03:14 PM
make sure the vent tube coming up on the rightof the throttle bodies iS not rubbing. Try pulling it up a little bit