PDA

View Full Version : Wanting cheap noticeable HP!

Buellman03
02-08-2009, 02:42 PM
I have a 03 XB9R Its got the race package on it and thats it! Just wondering on what you guys have noticed to get some pickup on the bike. Im not sure on if i should go buy the D&D Exhaust or if its going to make that big of a difference for what you gotta pay to get it!?

tattoo72
02-08-2009, 04:39 PM
NGK iridium plugs, ironmancine plug wires, ecmspy tuning, and a NOS wet injection system. Then just hold on tight when you hit the button!

maybebuell
02-08-2009, 07:48 PM
usually riding down hill works pretty well...theres no big differents in any of this stuff you can buy and install...at the end of the day after spending thousands if you like the gains you can count on one finger...i dont care what the ads say or charts show over 95% dont gets the gain they think they got....you feeling lucky are you the other 5% goodluck...leave well enough alone its a harley sportster motor dont try to make it something its not

5 dont get the gains they think they got

1stxb9r
04-10-2009, 05:56 AM
tattoo where did you find your wet NOS set-up and do you know if you can get a dry set-up? Did you have to do any top or bottom engine work? port/polish heads different crank or bearings?

Buell_Cru
04-10-2009, 06:02 AM
Redbull

dave_xb12r
04-10-2009, 08:32 AM
leave well enough alone its a harley sportster motor dont try to make it something its not

Your right, Its pretty much exactly the same, besides the different case, different heads, different cams, and WAY different exhaust. So lets see, we have; they are both v twins somewhere around 1200cc, and they both have 5 gears. Now if you said it is BASED on a sportster engine, I could go with that. But the again, the Tesla is BASED on the Lotus Elise [confused]

stopie20
04-10-2009, 01:16 PM
I dont know, but I think around 100 HP is plenty for a daily ride... think I would work for better throttle response and something to make it rev a little faster, but really if you cant have fun with 100HP there is always the option of a turbo, but thats not cheap... Like I always say, horsepower is always about cubic dollars.:D

ridendude
04-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Get yourself ecmspy and fine tune the mapping on your ecm yourself, or, talk to xopti or asb about providing a map that works better for your application. Sometimes fine tuning is all it takes to unleash the beast :D.

Stevenc150
04-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Exactly what I was going to say Ridendude. [up] A custom map makes a very noticable difference.

maybebuell
04-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Your right, Its pretty much exactly the same, besides the different case, different heads, different cams, and WAY different exhaust. So lets see, we have; they are both v twins somewhere around 1200cc, and they both have 5 gears. Now if you said it is BASED on a sportster engine, I could go with that. But the again, the Tesla is BASED on the Lotus Elise

all reworked harley sportster parts your
right...what bolts on a buell ,,,bolts on a harley.sportster....ever check out the mutant buell chops...some of the best looking chops out there....sporters have way less problems

some of the best looking bikes out there

racepro716
04-15-2009, 02:00 AM
Just my 2 cents... I've just moved to a XB12R from well over 20 years on a GPz 750. Stock execpt for a Kerker header. It's still a better bike than I am a rider. What kind of rider am I? (NOT bragging)
1988 AM 125GP Canadian Champion, 1989 PRO 125GP Canadian Champion, 3 years in 650 BOTT, two years sidecar passenger,bla bla. What I'm saying is probably 99% of riders don't need a faster bike and can't ride it to it's potential. Save your money on go fast bits and ride what you've got.

Wayne

jsg
04-15-2009, 02:17 AM
Just my 2 cents... I've just moved to a XB12R from well over 20 years on a GPz 750. Stock execpt for a Kerker header. It's still a better bike than I am a rider. What kind of rider am I? (NOT bragging)
1988 AM 125GP Canadian Champion, 1989 PRO 125GP Canadian Champion, 3 years in 650 BOTT, two years sidecar passenger,bla bla. What I'm saying is probably 99% of riders don't need a faster bike and can't ride it to it's potential. Save your money on go fast bits and ride what you've got.

+1
I often say that the best hp mods are suspension set up and race school/track day
Wayne