PDA

View Full Version : charging issue 2008 xb12r

addictedtoink
07-23-2013, 03:26 AM
Just replaced stator and regulator. 300 miles later having the same issue. Engine light on and battery not charging. Runs at mid 11s when bike is running. I tested the stator it seems to be puting out correct power levels but when I tested it to ground one of the pin holes spikes for a split second but then registers nothing like it should... Is this something normal? Is it most likely that the new stator may have just fried the regulator? I've heard they are known to do that... Any help would be great. Bike was running better than ever after the swap of the stator and regulator until today. I just changed them last week though. Grounds look good. Battery is new and charged. Bike starts just won't hold a charge

jriffe108
07-23-2013, 04:52 AM
More than likely you VR is done. Trace all wires to ensure nothing is grounding.

addictedtoink
07-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Wires look good. I did that last night but just checked again and they look fine. Guess I'm stuck needing a new vr again

addictedtoink
07-27-2013, 02:25 PM
Update. Vr was jot the issue. Replaced and still not right. Broke open my primary. Found I had not seated the stator wires correctly and one was almost severed. Guess that's why I got the short spike when testing grounnd in the one pin hole