PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem, please help.

Alien
07-30-2013, 07:25 PM
While out riding today I beeped my horn at a jackass who pulled out in front of me. My horn only beeped for about one quarter of a second and then stopped working and my check engine light came on. When I stopped, I noticed that my taillight was liy but my brake lights would not light up when I apply the brakes. Otherwise everything else is working fine and the bike is running well also. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Xb12sLt
07-30-2013, 07:30 PM
Check the horn mount under the flyscreen, it can turn and make the connection short out.

Alien
07-30-2013, 07:37 PM
I will check that. I just got home & found the horn/brakelight fuse is blown. Im going to buy more fuses now.

I'll report back soon.

Alien
07-30-2013, 07:41 PM
Replaced fuse and all is well. I will check to meke sure the Stebel horn & aux brake light aren't somehow shorting the system.

Tbone
07-30-2013, 11:10 PM
How is your clock? Trip Odo's? Turn the handlebars all the way to the left and right and make sure everything works mentioned. I noticed when my wires were having issues it would manifest itselft when turning the bars and everything such as the clock would reset, engine stuttered as well as the trips would reset, turn signals stopped working, gauge needles would start waving at me. It was crazy...

Theycallmecrash
07-30-2013, 11:15 PM
Lol! He honked! :D

Im sure regardless of the fuse popping, the horn was pointless.