PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Mirrors

paerez
02-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Hey Guys,

While I was riding around on the beautifully smooth and well maintained roads of Baltimore (BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA) I hit a large bump and launched my right-side bar-end mirror right off the bike. I was not able to recover it.

I bought the bike with these bar-ends on it and I don't have the stock antennae.

So, blast riders, what are your favorite mirrors?

(And as a side note, is it illegal to ride around with only the left mirror?)

paerez
02-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Oh also, while I'm at it, opinions on:

- larger grips
- dropped footpegs (I'm pretty tall)

and any other small upgrades to make the ride comfier.

ezblast
02-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Left side is the side that must have a mirror. If it is a third Eye mirror - just replace it - they are inexpensive. Grips - Traction grips are the best I've tried - they are a Buell product funny enough, however, they are the most comfortable I've experienced in over 20 sets - lol - superbike bars and the high seat will make you more comfortable as well. You could also have someone make the seat higher as well.
EZ

paerez
02-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Thanks EZ.

I think they are third eyes:

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/2511_20081003060224_L.jpg

I already have the superbike bar. Traction grips look pretty sweet.

I have the standard seat, not looking to spend that much on a new seat though. Footpegs?

statxyz
06-15-2009, 01:57 AM
For the factory handle bars I found mirrors off of Ebay. First I got a rectangular pair but they were a litle to big and then I found a somewhat oval pair that aresportier looking than the factory round and the rectanglar I was going to use.. Email me if your interested and I'll send youa pic of the mirrors on my bike statxyz@aol.com