PDA

View Full Version : Mirrors for 03 Blast

the9411
08-09-2013, 02:32 PM
Just purchased my first Buell and first bike ever. I understand the whole thumper concept and all but I was wondering if anyone might have some suggestions on some better mirrors to absorb the vibrations better. I dont really care how they look at idol, but when I am on the highway and it has smoothed out some the mirrors are still shaking so bad I can not see what is behind me.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

KennyG
10-23-2013, 06:10 AM

When I installed the SuperBars on my Blast the only thing I could see in the stock mirrors was my jacket. I had a pair of mirrors left over from a 1998 Yahama 650 VStar, they are threaded correctly to fit the Buell Blast. They are heavy enough that there is no vibration after I get out of first gear, and I can see traffic in both mirrors now. The only problem is that they are chrome plated. I will probably paint them black this winter

Be careful if you purchase after market mirrors they are often light weight and really vibrate. Emgo makes some heavy weight mirrors for the VStar, that will fit the Blast, and you can telephone Dennis Kirk to find out the weight of the ones you like.

KennyG

ezblast
10-25-2013, 06:10 AM
Bar end Mirrors!http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/135_20120317095505_L.jpg
EZ