PDA

View Full Version : 09 Buell XB12r - spits, sputters, no idle, several codes, please help!!!

trevorlee02
08-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Let me start off with a history of my bike... I purchased it brand new in 08 through a military purchase program, it is an 09 Buell XB12R. :D I ended up 'contract selling' it to a 'buddy' of mine who wrecked it and refused to continue buying it from me two years ago. [mad] Over the past year my wife and I have rebuilt the bike, all plastic pieces, rims, tires, levers, triple tree, engine covers, mounts, all of this was broken...apparently it had rolled a few times during the wreck. Anyways, about a year ago I got everything back together and started driving it around, it ran great, then the fuel pump went out, so I changed it with a V6 Mustang fuel pump as described in some of these forums. It ran great for about a month, and now it sounds like and feels like I am only on one cylinder... So far this is what I have done, I replaced the spark plugs and wires, verified fuel pump is working (there is a nuissance leak from where the wires go into the housing), and basically allowed it to set up. I have also done the TPS reset that is described somewhere on this forum as well. The bike sounds horrible, won't idle, pops and sputters, I can keep the throttle up and it will stay running, but it definitely lacks power. As I have already put about $2600 into this bike to get it back running, I'm not really in the mood to spend too much more, below is the list of codes that I pulled from the computer by connecting a jumper in the Deutch terminals...

36- Fan Voltage
15- Intake Air Temp (sensor was disconnected, I reconnected but the code is still there)
33- Fuel Pump
21- Interactive muffler
43- Speed sensor (speedometer works intermittently just like my RPM gauge does...)

I imagine that there is a ground loose, possibly missing from somewhere, or a lack of power getting somewhere... I am by no means a Buell mechanic, I am an automotive mechanic, so I don't know where all the proper grounding points are at when I was putting everything back together, maybe I missed one or so... I have checked the voltage at the battery while running, 13.7VDC, which is good as far as I am aware. Also my blinkers quit working, if that is relevant... Could someone, or even a group of people please advise me what to check or repair, I will start at the top of the list and work my way down as advice comes in, thanks for your help as before!

Trevor L. White