PDA

View Full Version : Left front fork Leaking

camiroj
08-12-2013, 08:58 PM
Hey guys,

I have read a couple threads about the topic above but they where a bit unorganized.

My left front fork is leaking oil and i know i am going to have to reman it or get a used one. The oil is coming right from the center seal.

If you have changed the seals on your forks before, could you please list the part number of what you had to replace?

Also if you know of any videos of the process that would also be very helpful. I am confident i can do this job myself just want to make sure i am getting the right parts.

Thanks

anrkizm95
08-12-2013, 09:48 PM
try this first
http://sealmate.net/

stamen
08-12-2013, 10:32 PM
if you want to change seals all you needs is new dust covers and seals.. you can get those at allballsracing.com, americansportbike.com, or harley dealership.

Don't forget 2 bottles of type E fork oil (dealership) or weight 10 fork oil (anywhere else).

Pm me if you need help doing it

stamen
08-12-2013, 10:36 PM
Also you will need a seal driver or some PVC pipe 1.5"

mudmonkeymaker
08-17-2013, 04:45 AM
I replaced both of mine and i just went into a hd dealer told them i need fork seals and they had them in stock because some sporters used the same. then you need fork oil and a shock compression tool. or you could use a ratchet strap, i recommend using a tool.

mudmonkeymaker
08-17-2013, 04:46 AM
and lint free rags your gunna need to clean your tubes and you dont want lint or dirt in there