PDA

View Full Version : Engine dies under load

RAAwalker
08-22-2013, 02:03 AM
Hello all,
Having a problem with my all stock '08 1125R. Riding to work the engine starts to hesitate and the throttle is not being responsive. Pull in to a parking space and shut it down. After work the engine started up just fine and idles like normal, but putting it into gear and slipping the clutch the engine dies. Engine revs fine while in neutral, but still dies when put into gear. Changed the air filter, still same problem. Was told that if the piston rings were going bad the bike would blow smoke out of the exhaust, True? Not smoking. Bad gas or water in gas? Haven't been able to drain the tank yet to check. Does anyone have any ideas? Talked with a buell tech with the information from the onboard diagnostic.He related that; Per the service manual, that code (P0605) could indicate a few different problems, such as:
Throttle cable malfunction
Air leaks
Induction module leaks
IAC malfunction
Leaky injectors
Mechanical issues

Any Idea how to check these?
Don't really want to take it to the Harley shop, not sure I trust those guys. Anyone know a good Buell mechanic in San Antonio, TX?

Any and all help will be appreciated. Hell even jokes will be appreciated.

ztied
08-22-2013, 02:54 AM
This may sound stupid,is there a kick stand kill switch on that model? Maybe its loose

jimijeans
08-23-2013, 05:00 AM
Small Things First. Have you used your TPS reset with the Throttle position Sensor. 2008 through 2010 has a TPS reset by Throttle and Key Switch Method. The XBs do that as well.. If you need that post up. The Method is also on the Forum and the Buell Warranty Dept. Usually will E-mail it to you or Fax it to you. It is simple and the newer bikes have to have it done more than the older Bikes Takes me about 15 seconds to do that every 2- to 3 fill ups. Do that usually at the fuel station seems to work better warmed up. . And yes check your Kick Stand Kill Switch. your going to need to do the reset first before so as to go to the next step. I've already had to replace the TPS sensor and the IAC or Idle Air Control on my XB12R AND my 1125CR geesh! Both 2008s model bikes.
TPS RESET do as Follows-FOR 2008 through 2010 Buells
Bike Should be in Neutral. .Kick Stand Down..
1st.- Set kill/switch to Run.
2nd- Turn on the Key Switch- Guages w/Sweep. Cel will light up. DO NOT Start The Bike
THIS One Next Sentence below is Instructional only.!.
Twist the Throttle to Fully open(Wide)open holding firm for 1-second- then fully closed-slightly firm for 1-second.
3rd-Now-Do the Twisting of the Throttle THREE times only NOT Four Times..
Turn off Key Switch then Turn Right back on ,Guages will Sweep the cel light or Yellow engine light goes off..
Now Start the Bike . Let it Idle .
Do Not Touch the Throttle. Let it run 30/seconds while in neutral Gently Idle it up to or 2'500 RPMs. a couple of times.
If bike Idles good Put in gear, should be good to go if that is all it is..
Hope it is an easy fix.
It Could also be your Clutch Levers Safety Switch .OR needing the Clutch Bled or Linkage adjusted. HOLD off on that till you check all the small Items First. OR Neutral Safety Switch. But Small Things First.*Jimi

RAAwalker
08-24-2013, 04:20 PM
Ztied, Bough the bike second hand, if it had a kickstand kill switch to begin with it doesn't now. but hanks for the comment.

Jimijeans, I have not tried the TPS reset I'll follow your instructions and see how it works. Thanks, RAAwalker

Negative
08-24-2013, 07:45 PM
I'm not 100% sure of the wiring setup and interlocks on the 1125's but that sounds like a side stand switch issue for sure... Just my 2cents

ich
08-25-2013, 09:35 AM
Per the service manual, that code (P0605) could indicate a few different problems, such as:
don't know which manual you were looking at, but p0605 is a ecm rom failure. only solution is to replace ecm.

ztied
08-25-2013, 12:03 PM
I had a rom failure show up on ecmspy,I remapped it and it went away.

Matteson
08-25-2013, 02:23 PM
Check you connections to battery. Then check fuses and relay's. Geesh keep it simple. All this non-sense about what ifs gets people all worked up.