PDA

View Full Version : 2003 xb9s advice

frankthetank
02-16-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm new to this site and somewhat new to riding. I've been on a '99 x1 for 2 seasons now and I'm buying an '03 xb9s in a few weeks. But I have a few questions about the bike primarily if its a wheelie happy bike. With the x1 I never had to worry about it because the thing is so heavy and it was never modified or anything.

The xb9s has the Buell pro-series exhaust, ECM, etc. on it and I really don't want to worry about hitting the throttle too hard and it popping up or accidentally popping the clutch. The x1 was extremely forgiving and despite popular opinion made a great first bike.

So any advice would be awesome. Thanks for your help.

Stevenc150
02-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Welcome to the Forum and Congrats on your new bike. Just my opinion, but they are torque monsters, so it's something to be aware of, but nothing to worry about. I'll take off hot every now and then and the front wheel is inches off the ground but no surprise wheelies or anything. Nothin' but fun.

Buellysses
02-16-2009, 08:31 PM
As long as your not being dumb you will be fine.

Putting the bike up to 4 grand and dumping the clutch can get a little scary, and painful.

If you get on it hard you may pick the front off the ground a bit, but I've never done a major wheelie when I wasn't trying to. (AKA, being dumb)

ophawk
02-17-2009, 04:38 PM
Welcome,
as Steven and Buelly say just be smart, and you'll be fine.
Torque is your friend
:D