PDA

View Full Version : My Blast Project!

RainbowJizz
08-28-2013, 12:51 AM
Hey everyone! I have a 2000 Blast with about 7600 miles and counting on it! i suppose this is where i will keep track of everything and let you guys know how my progress is!

so far all i have done is remove the "windscreen" aswell as the belt cover.
I have ordered Black Superbike Bars, new grips and bar end mirrors. total about $100
i also ordered new turn signals because i HATE the stock ones, but i ended up buying and when i read more about them i realized they were a bit bigger then i had wanted but smaller then the stock ones. so we will see if i keep them or not.

i plan on doing a tail chop this weekend which i will definitely post lots of pictures about.
also talking to someone about Re-upholstering my seat.
payday weekend so i'm going all out! anyone have any info on a good air filter "conversion"? i would like some way to make it flush with the bike because the way i ride, my knee is always banging on the airbox and it starts to get a bit sore after awhile.

also hopefully if i get time i would like to paint the bike white with "PlastiDip" and rims a deep red color. anyone ever use this product?

as far as the rearsets go... honestly i think i am going to keep them unless i can find different ones for around $100. im not spending $500 on a place to put my feet.... lol!

anything i am missing?!?! open to suggestions as this is my daily driver and i want it as pretty as possible lol.
anyway i will post pictures of the progress as it is made!

taking a 4 1/2 trip from Jacksonville, FL to my hometown of Panama City this Friday night. not excited about the distance but oh well lol
thanks!
Gabriel

heagachongoose
08-28-2013, 01:58 AM
Awesome [up] sounds good man. But.. Uhh... Gotta ask.. rainbowjizz??? Really? Lol

arikam
08-28-2013, 02:06 AM
Rainbowjizz. That's funny. Do you say "Taste the rainbow."?

RainbowJizz
08-29-2013, 12:16 AM
I do infact! lmfao!

its a novelty... conversation piece lmfao!

heagachongoose
08-29-2013, 12:52 AM
Genius. Pure genius hahaha.

Pics (of the Buell lol) or it didn't happen!!

Advanguard
08-30-2013, 03:57 AM
Burned the bike down doing the tail chop
step 1: remove gas
step 2: use open flame torch

jetlee
09-01-2013, 05:11 AM
Burned the bike down doing the tail chop
step 1: remove gas
step 2: use open flame torch
Sounds like you hit the fuel vent line that is under the seat?

Are you RainbowJizz under a different name? Both talking about torching off the rear end.

wolfo68
09-01-2013, 07:47 AM
The plastidip won't last long before it starts wearing off. it's by no means a permanent thing.