PDA

View Full Version : 09 XB12R RACE ECM NEEDED ASAP

MrNasty
08-29-2013, 06:29 AM
Like the title says. I just bought an 09 XB12R with K&N and a pipe but its obviously not running right. Please pm me or just call at 908-413-0652 if you can help. Thanks a lot.
-Nick-

jimijeans
08-30-2013, 08:17 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum. Have you checked for a code using the Data Port on the Bike? The 2009 XB12R has a TPS or Throttle position reset method that will assist you in getting the Bike started properly That Method is here on the Forum for you to use.. Also it is a Necessary Function to make the bike run properly good Idling at 1'100 rpms before it will run at all sometimes. Never Twist the Throttle when trying to start the Engine. When any changes have been done to the Buells such as Exhaust mostly the TPS RESET will at times letting it Idle a bit (5 to 7 mins. after the reset will let the ECM/ECU adjust for some of the changes. The Bike will pop a lot when you Let or Decellerate the bikes engine which is normal for any Engine when the ECM/ECU has not been tuned properly with a computer/ when changes have been made. The Bike will still run fine but will pop with Exhaust Changes.
Try this first. 2008 through 2010 Buell TPS reset.
1st-Turn Start/Kill switch to on.
2nd turn on key switch to on- Do Not start the bike.!
This next Sentence is instructional.!
Twist the throttle Fully holding for ONE full second slightly firm then Let off Smoothly to slightly firm one second each time.
You will do this Only Three times NOT FOUR Total. Do Not touch start/Kill Switch.(Leave On!).
After That!
Turn off Key Switch. NOW turn right back on. Guages will sweep the Cel Light (yellow) engine Light will go off.
Now start the Engine. IF the Engine Grunts let off the Starter Button for a second then retry to start. Once restarted and Engine is Idling at 1'100 RPMs for maybe 30 seconds rev it slightly up to 2'500 Rpms. Let Off should be ready to ride Never dog the Idle when doing a TPS reset or right after the reset. Till Engine has run for a bit.
You will need to go this now and then for a good idling bike.
There is plenty of information here on the forum for learning about your new to you bike. Amsoil 20/50 works well in the Engine and the Transmission when changing the fluids. The Transmission takes only one Quart. *Jimi

jimijeans
08-30-2013, 08:38 AM
Also make sure to get the Engine Idling Properly before you call Erik Buell Racing. OR E-mail them.
Make sure to tell them the Exact Exhaust you are using .and The Air Filter Type. year of bike and model.
The Fan Run Program will probably be the 2010 Fan run program for helping to cool the engines rear cylinder better due to heat issues.
The Ulysses Right side Air Scoop helps as well. comes as a kit with a heat shield for the right side rear Exhaust pipe header .The Ecm they sell will have a Preprogram in it to help your bike run cooler and make sure if you get the Ulysses Comfort Kit NOT to install the Fan Shroud That part of the Kit is just for the Ulysses bikes. If no9 Dealer is close by then Try American Sport Bike.com and check out all the Goodies they have for your Buell. Well this will get you started ride safe.*Jimi

MrNasty
09-05-2013, 02:38 PM
Thanks a lot jimi. As of now, the bike rides pretty good. Just the occasional hickup sometimes and definitely popping on decell. From my experience with other fuel injected bikes, my throttle response is not good. Is this normal for a Harley motor? Should I be able to crack the throttle from idle without any hesitation?? Thanks again