PDA

View Full Version : shift kit - short throw

tbramich
05-19-2007, 02:15 PM
anyone make one? i cant find one & would like to get one. i would even like to find a short shift lever (the one you move with your toe) heck i'll take an old bent or broken one to play with as a prototype if somebody wants to donate one. i'll keep modifying it until i find the right length to give shorter shifts. my foot is size 12 and i just cant find a comfy place to position that lever.

DruAdams
06-06-2007, 07:24 PM
did you get the lowering pegs? I ordered a set because i cant get my toe under the lever with my steel toed workboots on and i wear a size 10 1/2.
Havent gotten them yet, they are on order but i will let you know if it helps any.

tbramich
06-07-2007, 04:08 PM
i did not get them, i like the pegs high. im trying to shorten the shifter rod, hoped to find a used one but no luck. will be ordering one shortly to see it i can mod it with out welding and make it multi-adjustable.

DruAdams
06-19-2007, 05:47 PM
I just got the pegs and i can now slide my safety boots under the shift lever. the 1" lowering doesnt really affect sitting on the bike, just seems slightly more upright

tbramich
06-19-2007, 07:57 PM
i drag my pegs where they are now so i think 1" lower will be a bad thing. im still working on getting another shifter that i can modify to allow me to change the position of the knob your foot hooks

DruAdams
06-20-2007, 02:07 PM
damn you are really leaning that thing over

tbramich
06-20-2007, 02:57 PM
its made to take turn right?