PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE

wcrain88
09-11-2013, 04:55 PM
My 06 Ulysses was having issues the low fuel light wasn't working the Speedo would randomly cut off and I had to lift up on the wires attached to the ecm while pushing the start button to turn over the engine now it isn't charging the battery I barley got home in going to bypass the 77 connector and I put a new ecm on but I still had to lift the wires until yesterday I unwrapped the wire cluster to look for bad wires I couldnt see any but now it won't even attempt to start no clicking no sound at all I have tried using ecm spy to turn off my bas I have cleaned up the two grounds under the seat I have tried starting it kickstand up and down clutch in and out in neutral and first gear noting at all the guages all work the headlights and turn signals too plus the fuel pump primes fine I'm lost

glenn r
09-11-2013, 08:45 PM
According to service manual if the fuel bulb doesn't work you replace whole instrument cluster .

wcrain88
09-11-2013, 09:08 PM
I don't care to much about that I'm more worried about it not starting

heagachongoose
09-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Checked your fuses?

OnidaSTT
09-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Sounds like you have a broken wire inside the insulation. try pulling gently on the wires you were lifting up to get it to work before. If there is a broken wire the insulation should stretch and thin out a little so you can tell which one