PDA

View Full Version : ECM re-map

Shooterxb
02-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Alright so , I got the ECM re-map cable , and Ive been doing alot of reading to prepare myself to do this (just dont want to mess this up).Just looking for someone with a similar setup as myself to see if they might have any quick tips for me .Ive got an 03 9 , with a breather re-route , air box delete , K&N , and a D&D exhaust.Any help?Or even phone numbers would be great , for when I actually plug into this thing.Im offshore now but Ill be doing this stuff in two weeks time.Thanks guys.

Shooterxb
02-27-2009, 07:18 AM
AWESOME! No response at all!

LeFox
02-27-2009, 07:50 AM
would be good if you have some info on which program you're using?

do you have a wide-band o² sensor?

did you search the several ecm remap topics?

shilohsk8
02-27-2009, 09:04 AM
Remapping your ecm isn't something you just jump into. Trust me I had to bolw an ecm out before I learned. I just did a remap on my bike which is a 12 and is different enough from yours that I couldn't just tell you what to do even though we have almost the same mods (I have a Drummer). All you are really doing is adding more fuel to the mixture and maybe bumping up your rev limiter, at least that's what I did. Since your bike revs higher than a 12 to begin with I can't tell you if that's a good idea but I'm sure another 500 rpm's won't hurt anything. I don't want to give you any bad advise but ecmspy is really easy to use (I assume that's what your using). And you can do this without a wide-band 02 sensor. It seems like you have some time to do your homework on this topic so ask as many question as possible to avoid any mistakes. You may not get answers right away but you will get them. hit this dude up he helped me out a lot and he really knows his ****. xoptiinside.com (http://xoptiinside.com/)

GatorBuell
02-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Im just about to get into this knee deep. I got everything I need LC-1 Wideband O2, Mini Laptop, Spy and all that goes with it. When I get a full understanding of it all and get my bike where I want it I will be posting results and helping others with it. So stand by to stand by.

Shooterxb
02-28-2009, 06:49 AM
I appreciate all the info guys.Im running the ECMspy program with the factory O2 sensor.I understand the TPS reset no problem , the static timing checks as well as the dataloggong , I was just wondering if anybody had any more info thats all.I know that I just need to bump the fuel up in certain zones in very little steps.I'll let you know how it goes.Thanks again guys.Wasnt tryin to be cheeky just needed some help .