PDA

View Full Version : Clutch clunking??

Goris
09-20-2013, 04:30 PM
I've read through about 5 threads where there are comments to, but resolve for the clutch *clunking* on a 2009 1125r. Mine is bone stock, 3600 miles.

When I let out the clutch there is a clunking noise that I can also feel, which is like a hammer hitting metal. The sound/feeling also occurs every time I let off the throttle, no matter what rpm the engine is at. If I am rolling through the gears the clunking is less, but still occurs between 2.5k-3.5k rpm. Also, if I am trying to maintain a drive speed with the engine speed between 2.5k-4k the hammering/clunking is pretty bad, and very nonrhythmic.

If I ride the clutch a little through the gears the clunking is reduced (if that helps anyone pinpoint the problem).

Anyone have a solution? Don't tell me to drive over 4k rpm; I want to fix the problem, not bypass it.

Thanks!

1125RCya
10-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Did you buy this bike used? Has the stator been replaced? If the stator has been replaced there's a chance it could be your rotor nut.
All I can honestly say is get a manual, open her up and I'm sure this will give you clarity. I don't have a manual in front of me or I would tell what it says about your.clunking in the troubleshooting section!

d_adams
10-04-2013, 05:12 PM
The cush drive is in the front sprocket, I've heard of them wearing out, but not in 3500 miles. It would sound similar to what you describe.

Goris
10-04-2013, 06:54 PM
Yeah it is used from a dealer, so I don't know if the stator/rotor was replaced. I have the manual and will check it out when I get home from my business trip