PDA

View Full Version : 03 blast hard to shift to 1st

Michaelgore3055
10-01-2013, 04:01 AM
I just bought a 03 blast and i got it on a great deal and i love to ride i haven't had much experience working on motor cycles nor the money to take it to the shop.or to get a manual It starts great and idles great the problem i have with it is shifting into first even with the clutch pulled all the way in seems like it grinds the gears. and you also have to really pull on the shift lever in order to change gears i have searched some online and cant find much. it also makes a clang noise and snatches only in first gear when taking off. if some one could give me step by step instructions on how to adjust the clutch as well as the primary chain it would really help me out alot also how to change the trans oil would be helpful

Thank

jetlee
10-01-2013, 12:41 PM
It's a Buell, it has a clunky transmission.

http://buellridersonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7586

dannyTRF
05-08-2014, 08:53 AM
Does anybody know how to stop a Blast from grinding into 1st? Once it's hot it's fine but that first start is really grinding
Thanx

jetlee
05-12-2014, 09:06 PM
Does anybody know how to stop a Blast from grinding into 1st?
Click the link in my previous post.

BuellGirl3
07-07-2014, 02:38 PM
Not too sure if this will help.

When I bought my 2003 Buell Blast, It was extremely hard to shift the bike into first. Once it was in first it was fine until I went into a corner, then the bike would pop into neutral... almost like it wasn't all the way into first gear.
Soon after that the bike would also pop from second into neutral. Talk about obnoxious!

Well, we ended up pulling out the transmission and taking a look, we had the replace the clutch and rebuild the transmission. It narrows down to major engine breaking... the previous owner must have used "engine breaking" a lot because all the gears were WRECKED!

After we replaced that mess the bike shifted fine. It's still clunky, but that is because that's how Buell Blasts are. But it goes into first fine and doesn't pop into neutral anymore.

You can find step-by-step instructions on how to rebuild your transmission buy searching google.

Hope this helps! :)