PDA

View Full Version : Suspension & Body weight

HOVERJOCKI
05-20-2007, 11:50 PM
I weigh 210 and the rear suspension is one click from being maxed out and this is on the stock spring.
Are there any of you out there with a similar super model physic like mine that have upgraded to a stronger suspension and found it to work??
Thanks
Justin

2Evil4U
05-21-2007, 06:48 PM
Have you played with the rebound anc compression damping? Tightening those up a bit might help as well.

mrdozer2you
05-22-2007, 05:49 PM
Or, get off the motorcycle and on a bicycle, drop 15 lbs and see how that helps :D.

Just giving you **** man. But seriously, I don't think 210 should be maxing out your spring. I'm 185 and am only half way on my spring. Maybe check your dampening like Evil said.

MPea3
05-22-2007, 10:36 PM
We've got the opposite problem here. She weighs 94 pounds and the damn thing barely sags when she gets on it.

stevensue
05-23-2007, 01:36 AM
Justin, You have got to buy a manual! [up]
Steve

HOVERJOCKI
05-24-2007, 01:17 AM
OK, finally bought the book, now have to wait for it to turn up........ i'm still a lump when it comes to doing maintainance as i've never done this sort of stuff but with what everone has been telling me through my questions you lot are being a great help and i thank you for it.
Cheers
Justin

stevensue
05-24-2007, 02:17 AM
You'll be glad you bought the manual! Keep asking questions too. The responses not only help you but others who read them too.
Steve

congersCG
06-07-2007, 10:38 PM
OK, ok no stupid question just stupid people. So here I go, I believe my bikes dampning system is set up for me at 160 pounds. When I put my lady on the back that adds another 120 pounds(GVW of the cg is 250lb). The bike seems fine when we are both on it, handling and suspension, however as soon as shes off it and I go ride by myself, it feels lose for the first 15-20 miles then it seems just right. Am I hurting anything by leaving the setting's where they are? Is it just me thinking that the bike is riding diffrent or is it just me getting use to being by myself agian? Let me know what you think [confused]
I have the manual and see where the adjustment can be made, like I said though is it neccesary everytime I ride with and without a passenger to change them.

zombieBUELLer
06-07-2007, 11:05 PM
good question. i ride about as much alone as i ride with my girl so im interested in the answer too.

congersCG
06-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Any help out there yet? Does the dampning adjstment required a change every time wieght load changes?[smirk]

congersCG
06-26-2007, 05:15 PM
I finaly made changes to the preload settings on my Xb12Scg,(my girlfriend wont get off the bike) what an amazing diffrence. It was really easy and made the bike stick to the road like never before.[up]http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/454_20070626100531_L.jpg

mrdozer2you
06-26-2007, 07:20 PM
So what ddi you end up doing, increasing the setings for the added weight?

congersCG
06-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Yes, i adjusted the preload settings higher. I have the bike set for wieghts of 190-210 lbs(even though together we weight 275lb). All the recomended setting are turns out form the maxium, and then just adjusting the front forks, which was a little bit of a pian but no to bad. The tools that came in the kit worked great. I also increased the preload spring up one notch to increase the suspension, alot less bumpy and alot more sticky. Do you have your owners manual? If so go do some math on you and your ladies weight and chose a setting that is right between you by yourself and you with her. The bike handles much better with my girlfriend and was a preaty quick change, I think the bike even hadles better for me by myself.:)

mrdozer2you
06-27-2007, 03:48 PM
Probably a bit stiffer ride when you go solo. I may do that, I like a stiffer ride when i'm by myself. When the suspension is soft I feel like I lose feel. ( should be the opposite I know ) I'll play with it a bit and see [up]