PDA

View Full Version : iso ss swingarm

fitero7
10-04-2013, 08:46 PM
i am currently deployed and am trying to round up all the parts i need to perform the ss swingarm extension to my xb9sx when i get home. currently looking for the ss swingarm and belt.

fitero7
10-04-2013, 09:21 PM
oil lines or where to get them would be a plus. also shock extension or dimensions of the part so that i can fab myself would be great if anyone had them.

squidbuellie
10-06-2013, 11:09 PM
What year cityX do you have? If it's pre 06 you'll need to replace the lines. I myself would just buy a used oil pump and lines from pinwall (eBay) any 06-07 set up will work.
If your cityX is 06 or up you can use the existing lines they will bolt right up to the "Ss" swing arm.
Pm me when you get most of your parts together. I will machine you a spacer

Buell77
10-06-2013, 11:56 PM
just wondering, i have an 08 xb9sx if i also wanted to do the ss swing arm conversion would i only need the swing arm, belt, and spacer for the rear shock? sorry to hijack:p

squidbuellie
10-07-2013, 12:37 AM
You would also need the rear brake line.^^^^^^

Big twin
10-07-2013, 01:36 AM
I did'nt change my brake line and it works great, long enough ! 05 XB12Scg
Note: And get the "Squid shock extension" , it a perfect fit !

:D

Thanks again Squid, still very happy ! :D

fitero7
10-07-2013, 08:01 PM
its an 05. trying to get it how i imagine it. then ill post some pics of it. still on the hunt for the swingarm. does HD sell them new? i dont know if ill go that route cause theyll probably charge me an limb. so far the parts list is swingarm oil lines, brake lines, shock extensiion, and belt. am i missing anything?

Big twin
10-08-2013, 12:06 AM
An extra shock bolt/nut for the extension, tire hugger. It's possible(not SUPER easy) to find a used swingarm. I would go that route. Oil lines, I bought used on EBAY from a '06 Uly, so still used. Did'nt change my brake line.

fitero7
10-08-2013, 12:32 AM
ive been hunting and searching for a good portion of my deployment hoping to get lucky. i also have buds back home hunting. its not looking good. buellster.com teases me with a picture everytime. lol. would a grade 8 bolt work for the extension bolt or should i get the actual bolt?

squidbuellie
10-08-2013, 12:46 AM
Look for wrecked "Ss" Ullys and "Sst" and yes a homedepo grade 8 bolt would work but the stock bolt looks more professional not shade tree.

fitero7
10-08-2013, 04:53 AM
got ya, ill get the legit parts, want my bike to look good after all.

Big twin
10-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Honestly, prices in general at H-D are not that high for little things, I find .... I would buy also the tire hugger at H-D it's like 30$(here in Canada). I would suggest also that you buy one from an SS as both(from an S/R or for SS) will fit. Then cut the SS one to the length you want , because those suckers are HUGE !!!! The regular S/R is too far from the tire and the angle is not appropriate ....