PDA

View Full Version : Fuel maps for a termignoni race slipon (stock headers)

Amlittley
10-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Does anyone have a decent fuel/timing map for an 1125r with a termignoni 3/4 race pipe, I have Twin motorcycles velocity stacks fitted.. I could really do with something to use as a starting point.
Looking through the fuelling and timing maps that are provided with the race ECU they make no sense at all.
any help would be appreciated..

Blastonia
10-08-2013, 01:00 AM
Id just use the HMF race ecm. When they tested all the exhaust systems at ASB they used the HMF race ECM on all of them. What race maps are you looking at? Did you buy the programmable one or something? If so you are probably going to have to take that to a dyno to tune. The other choice would be TunePro. You are supposed to be able to tune the fuel maps with that.

Amlittley
10-09-2013, 05:03 AM
I wanted to get the timing map somewhere near before doing the fuelling.. all the maps supplied with the race ecm are pure crap.. I wouldnt mind if someone could send me the stock timing and fuelling from the stock ecm.. I could download them, into a spreadsheet and calculate the corrections from there before loading into the ECM software..for loading into the bike..

Amlittley
10-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Just as a matter of interest, has anyone taken a close look at the ignition timing map?
Consider that the ignition timing is measured as degrees before tdc. Allowing for the fuel air mixture to ignite fully before the piston reaches TDC . The mix of fuel determines the ignition time !!
When I ran the calculations over the supplied maps. The variations were crazy (especially when you compared them front to rear!!
So I am looking to create a base map (a starting point) to get a good fueling map, theb going back to a steady state dyno to do the final corrections on the ignition timing..
I took my bike to one of the worlds best tuners, but he was too unfamiliar with the buell and pcm software to be of any real use.
All he could tell me is that it was a mess!!

Amlittley
03-14-2014, 04:01 PM
Am I the only one out there that runs a termignoni pipe and a set of twin motorcycles velocity stacks?
I have a race ECM installed and would really appreciate some info on a corrected ignition timing map..
You could even just take the ignition maps and paste them into an XL sheet..
I just need a reasonable starting point as I havent got access to a steady state dyno..