PDA

View Full Version : 04 Lightning gold wheel trade for black anyone

Amrcnmade
02-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Howdy,

I've got an 04 buell lightning xb12s with the stock gold rims in perfect shape. I would rather have the designer black wheels. So if anyone is interested in a straight swap I am. I live in williamsburg va. So if we could do it in person that would be best. Willing to meet you halfway. Can exchange pics before hand.

shilohsk8
03-01-2009, 04:30 AM
Just get them powder-coated. It doesn't cost much and your wheels will look brand spanking new.

Amrcnmade
03-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the into.

BadS1
03-01-2009, 02:51 PM
You might want to weigh that out first before going and getting them coated. You will first have to have your bearing pulled unless you buy the puller to do so. Or you will pay most likely a half hour shop rate at a dealer to have them pull them for you... 40 bucks. Then you'll need to send them out to get coated. could cost 150-250 depending on the shopping around for prices you find. Then you get them back and you'll need bearing.... new ones. American Sport Bike sell's them for 142.00 plus shipping. See ya have more invested right now then it cost to buy one wheel. If you do that... buy one black wheel. Your to Amber ones without doubt will bring in enough to buy the second and they come with bearings in them.

Amrcnmade
03-01-2009, 05:44 PM
The pics on american sports bike are of two wheels but the prices are for one. But A set anywhere seems to run 700. Anyone got a used set they wanna sell. And or trade like I suggested.

stopie20
03-02-2009, 11:13 AM
I would be interested in a trade I have the black rims on my 07' but the front has a small bend from a pothole, tire still holds air though and no bbalance issues.
there are companies that can straighten these with no paint work involved, and I would be willing to pay for that if we were to trade

Amrcnmade
03-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Can you send some pictures of them? And maybe a link to the company that straightens them. I'll send some pics back.

Imacoolguy71@yahoo.com

Amrcnmade
03-04-2009, 10:01 AM
In case anyone is interested just FYI. Heard back from a local shop yesterday. Can get wheels powder coated for around 90 each. Any color. Black is cheaper than silver though. And haveing small parts down at the same time is very cheap if you get same color. Waiting to hear back on ceramic coating quote for the headers. Still may wrap them just for the looks

SaintXB9
03-13-2009, 10:20 PM
I have a deposit on an 07 XR12 with black wheels.
The bike has 342 miles. If the deal goes through, I would be interested in swapping wheels with you.

I'm in South Jersey, about 1 1'2 hours from Baltimore.

Amrcnmade
04-15-2009, 08:04 PM
send me an email with some pix if you are still interested. Imacoolguy71@yahoo.com