PDA

View Full Version : DIY reset of TPS on 2006 XB12S........Can it be done?

grillphil
02-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Hi all,

I'm new to the Buell & to this forum so please forgive my ignorance.

I've read on this forum that the 2008 XB12 can have the TPS reset without going to a dealer.

The method is:

Kill switch on.
Ign: On
Twist throttle to full for 1 second
Full off for 1 second
full on
full off
full on
full off
Ign off, on, off, on then off.

My question is, can this proceedure be done on my 2006 bike?

Thanks in advance.

strmvt
02-28-2009, 11:29 PM
Not that I'm aware of you would need ecmspy for that

shilohsk8
03-01-2009, 01:11 AM
If your going to do it yourself you need a PC the ECMspy program and the cable to connect your PC to your bike. Check out this site you can buy the cable here and download ECMspy for free. xoptiinside.com (http://xoptiinside.com/)You should do it yourself and not have to get ripped of by the dealer. I it is very easy to do and you will own the tools to do it whenever needed as well as diagnose any problems with your bike. And when you start doing modifications you will be able to adjust your maps accordingly.

GatorBuell
03-01-2009, 01:19 AM
If your going to do it yourself you need a PC the ECMspy program and the cable to connect your PC to your bike. Check out this site you can buy the cable here and download ECMspy for free. xoptiinside.comYou should do it yourself and not have to get ripped of by the dealer. I it is very easy to do and you will own the tools to do it whenever needed as well as diagnose any problems with your bike. And when you start doing modifications you will be able to adjust your maps accordingly.
What He said ^

grillphil
03-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Thanks guys, what a source of info you all are.

I agree. Why give your hard earned cash to a rip-off dealer when you can have more fun tweaking the setups youself. That's right up my street.

I'll download the software program and try and get hold of a lead and have a tinker.

Cheers,

Phil.

grillphil
03-01-2009, 12:46 PM
I've downloaded the ecmspy software but it's in German.

Can anyone advise on how to get an English verion or change the settings in the German version?

Cheers

GatorBuell
03-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Under Program options the button that looks like a wrench and gear click on that, below is a drop down menu that says sprache click on that and it will give you a list just click on english and push Ok.

grillphil
03-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Thanks Gator. All done.

I'll wait for the lead I've ordered off ebay and have a read through the user manual, then start tinkering.

Cheers,

Phil.

Buell_Cru
03-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Hi all,

I'm new to the Buell & to this forum so please forgive my ignorance.

I've read on this forum that the 2008 XB12 can have the TPS reset without going to a dealer.

The method is:

Kill switch on.
Ign: On
Twist throttle to full for 1 second
Full off for 1 second
full on
full off
full on
full off
Ign off, on, off, on then off.

My question is, can this proceedure be done on my 2006 bike?

Thanks in advance.

Can this be done on any other year bike?

grillphil
03-01-2009, 02:20 PM
I think judging by the responses here, only on pre 2008 models.

I'm sure someone will confirm this for you.

GatorBuell
03-01-2009, 05:01 PM
08 and up you can do this, pre 08 you need ECMspy or VDSTS to do the TPS reset.