PDA

View Full Version : EBR SX AX

Twilli88
10-23-2013, 01:44 AM
Super stoked to see the RX, long time in the making, very happy [up]...however I fell in love with buell's when I saw them naked. Any one have better insight to when we can expect to see SX and AX. I hope they would follow shortly after, my gut tells me years away tho

oh9bolt
10-23-2013, 01:53 AM
The SX is being released mid 2014

chevy42083
10-23-2013, 07:37 PM
I've seen tons of "This one is nice, but can't wait to see the naked/adv ones".... but haven't heard of any unveiling.

With that said. "I can't wait to see the new naked Buell"

I hope it gives Ducatis 1198 Monster a run for its money.

DrogeN Omen
10-23-2013, 08:08 PM
same here, hanging out for the SX

jamason_2000
10-23-2013, 08:23 PM
just based onthe R and the RX specs alone i see the SX and the AX dominating most of the other bikes we will see. Numbered are the days when jap sportbike guys will continue to run thier chops.

chevy42083
10-24-2013, 11:31 PM
Well... dominate performance. Jury is out on cost.

Enemy Zero
10-25-2013, 12:58 AM
I am biting my nails into nothingness in anticipation of the naked bike. Stop making us wait like this Erik!

tben
10-25-2013, 06:18 AM
If the RX price is any indication of what the AX & SX will cost, I have lost much interest... as albeit I am not alone with this thought either.

bigrodge8
10-25-2013, 12:03 PM
And God said unto man: Let there be Erik Buell Racing... And it was good. Let there 1190ccs of displacement and centralized mass to dominate thine asian competitors in both the torqueth of thine engine and the handling of thine motorcycle. And these things were also good. And the angels and demons wept at the very sight of EBR bikes as they knew that the streets would be taken back for all eternity and the asian bikes would be cast into the lake of fire.

Hughlysses
10-25-2013, 06:32 PM
And on the first day EBR created the 1190RS and it was good.

And on the second day EBR created the 1190RX and it was also good, while verily not requiring so many Caesars to purchase.

And the web-based oracle did foretell that EBR would create both SX and AX variants, but the faithful were anxious and speculated at length in their anticipation.

thrstrmech
10-25-2013, 06:55 PM
$$$... it's got to be within reason for us average Joe's to afford one, @19k for the RX some may jump on it, most will have to hope it's much cheaper...best would be about 10k to get the average Joe's on the SX or AX models. although it probably wouldn't stop some if it were between 12-15k from jumping all over it.

Enemy Zero
10-25-2013, 08:52 PM
$$$... it's got to be within reason for us average Joe's to afford one, @19k for the RX some may jump on it, most will have to hope it's much cheaper...best would be about 10k to get the average Joe's on the SX or AX models. although it probably wouldn't stop some if it were between 12-15k from jumping all over it.

I completely agree. I believe around 12-14 was where the 1125 R/CR was brand new and people were buying them.

Fatty SS
10-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Lets not forget, the RX is a top shelf bike aimed to be competitive in World Superbike. At $19k, it is priced right in line with its competitors.

Panigale is $18k.
Panigale S is $20k.
RSV4 Factory APRC is $19k.
HP4 is $20k.

I would be willing to bet that the SX will have a few more pedestrian parts on it than the RX to achive a price close to it's rivals. Those rivals would be...

Tuono V4R at $14k.
SuperDuke 1290 R at 14k pounds in the UK (no US price yet, but at current exchange rates that would be almost $23k)
Perhaps Diavel at $19k
Brutale 800 and 1100 Evo at $12k, though these are significantly less powerful than I would expect the SX to be

The AX will compete with....

Multistrada 1200 at $17k
R1200GS at $17k to $19 depending on trim level
Super Tenere at $14.5k

Something we as buellers tend to overlook is that most of us haven't priced brand new bikes recently. Top shelf rides aren't cheap, and EBR is building their lineup from the top down. Eventually they will be building middle range bikes, I'm sure. From the sound of things at EBR they want to be a huge seller in the bike world over the next decade or less. They'll have to fill their product line with lower priced options to compete with competitors' lower tech offerings. For now though, they're starting with top end models, and top end bikes ain't cheap.

Blastonia
10-28-2013, 08:57 PM
All in all....still cheaper then a Harley!

dboi88
10-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Id love to have a new buell myself but I can no afford 19k :( so for now I still just settle with my xb12r

2004xb12s
10-30-2013, 07:34 PM
And on the first day EBR created the 1190RS and it was good.

And on the second day EBR created the 1190RX and it was also good, while verily not requiring so many Caesars to purchase.

And the web-based oracle did foretell that EBR would create both SX and AX variants, but the faithful were anxious and speculated at length in their anticipation

[up]

vance580
10-30-2013, 09:50 PM
Lets not forget, the RX is a top shelf bike aimed to be competitive in World Superbike. At $19k, it is priced right in line with its competitors.

Panigale is $18k.
Panigale S is $20k.
RSV4 Factory APRC is $19k.
HP4 is $20k.

I would be willing to bet that the SX will have a few more pedestrian parts on it than the RX to achive a price close to it's rivals. Those rivals would be...

Tuono V4R at $14k.
SuperDuke 1290 R at 14k pounds in the UK (no US price yet, but at current exchange rates that would be almost $23k)
Perhaps Diavel at $19k
Brutale 800 and 1100 Evo at $12k, though these are significantly less powerful than I would expect the SX to be

The AX will compete with....

Multistrada 1200 at $17k
R1200GS at $17k to $19 depending on trim level
Super Tenere at $14.5k

Something we as buellers tend to overlook is that most of us haven't priced brand new bikes recently. Top shelf rides aren't cheap, and EBR is building their lineup from the top down. Eventually they will be building middle range bikes, I'm sure. From the sound of things at EBR they want to be a huge seller in the bike world over the next decade or less. They'll have to fill their product line with lower priced options to compete with competitors' lower tech offerings. For now though, they're starting with top end models, and top end bikes ain't cheap.

Exactly what I've been saying but people just don't seem to understand. Hell with Japanese bikes consistently going up you can't even get a new 600 for under 11k and 1000's are above 14k and that's just to look like everyone else out there. EBR is going after the Italians and with the specs and features when compared to them I think their price is dead on. You are getting a better spec and featured bike then a base Panigale for about the same price. Also the Panigale S starts at 23k.

burgandy25
10-31-2013, 01:52 AM
I'll have to wait until a used one comes up :-)

go cytocis
10-31-2013, 03:27 AM
I'll have to wait until a used one comes up :-)
Me too. I have never been able to buy a brand new bike; that loud sucking sound of my bike depreciating out in the garage keeps me awake at night. :D

tben
10-31-2013, 07:40 AM

Tom Sykes, 2013 WSBK Champion, 2013 Kawasaki ZX-10R MSRP $14,299, ABS model $15,299?
They can be purchased for much less.

Exactly what I've been saying but people just don't seem to understand. Hell with Japanese bikes consistently going up you can't even get a new 600 for under 11k and 1000's are above 14k and that's just to look like everyone else out there. EBR is going after the Italians and with the specs and features when compared to them I think their price is dead on. You are getting a better spec and featured bike then a base Panigale for about the same price. Also the Panigale S starts at 23k.

New 600's can be had all day for under $10,000 OTD, and 1000's less than $12,000 OTD, not to mention the Triumph Daytona 675R, just about as track ready as they come, straight off of a showroom floor ...

Look I am not trying to start an argument, but I think some are seeing things somewhat different than the true facts.
The RX is expensive to what seems to be the majority, rather the price is justified through EBR, and others that see only Buell, I get that, but that still does not keep the lights on at EBR, what people are spending their hard earned monies on will...

A quick question, where/who said that EBR is going after the Italians, or is this just an assumption by some?

I think EBR is trying to make an "American Sport Bike" to the best of their abilities, that will compete with ALL sport bike brands out there today, and in the future... The RS in AMA, the RX in the WSBK that would seem to be a good indication of that...I could be wrong though?

Some stiff competition out there for the AX and the SX too, New V-Strom 1000, Tiger (several options), Tenere etc., Speed/Street Triple (R models already available), New reworked Z1000, New FZ09 from Yamaha etc...Not just the Italian's and BMW's.

Trust me, I am not trying to hate on EBR I actually would like to see nothing less than success for EBR, but I was very disappointed when the actual price of the RX was announced...oh well, this is the internet, and just my opinion...

WIGGLE2
10-31-2013, 01:10 PM
Yes...there are options...buy one! The Buell is NOT (nor has ever been) a 'cookie cutter' bike. Exclusivity is never cheap....but given the specs of this bike,it is actually a value and it IS on par price-wise of ANYTHING else out there.

Blastonia
11-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Not sure why you are surprised, disappointed or shocked. They have been telling US the price for over a year.

Fatty SS
11-01-2013, 03:32 PM
"Some stiff competition out there for the AX and the SX too, New V-Strom 1000, Tiger (several options), Tenere etc., Speed/Street Triple (R models already available), New reworked Z1000, New FZ09 from Yamaha etc...Not just the Italian's and BMW's."

None of these bikes are particularly high end (aside from the Tigers and Tenere, but even those are merely upper middle range). Even the triple R models are stripped down from previous generations. R package used to get you Ohlins and Brembo... Not so much now.

When EBR gets into the budget to middle price range market, they'll have some serious competetion. All of the bikes you listed here are fantastic machines for their segment, and some are particularly good values, like the FZ-09. The S1000RR and Daytona 675R are probably the best values in high performance sport bikes right now. The S1000RR will likely be the the RX's biggest competition as every other bike that comes anywhere close to the same spec as the RX is priced basically the same. If I had to speculate, I'd bet BMW's profit margin on the S is likely very small. They probably priced it low to enter the liter market with a bang. As they fill in the rest of their sport line, we can safely expect their value to be a little less (ie another super competitive bike, but at a higher msrp).

Me personally, I won't be buying any of the new EBR bikes any time soon. I don't have that kind of disposable money either. I just see a lot of people claiming the RX is overpriced, while comparing it to bikes with dramatically lower spec'ed parts. Take the WSBK winning ZX for example. How much money will EBR sink into suspension and brake and engine upgrades on the RX to field it? How much do you think Kawasaki spent prepping a stock ZX to compete? The sticker might be a lot higher on the RX, but Kawasaki spent a lot more prepping that ZX than EBR will the RX. And at the end of the day, the RX and ZX that you'll see on the track will likely have nearly the exact same amount of money poured into them. Is the RX expensive? Of course it is. But it's still a good value for what you get.

Me personally, I'll probably replace my current XB with either a second gen SV (if I stop street riding and go strictly track) or a Street Triple R or FZ-09 if I keep riding street. Although, the new KTM RC390 looks to be a pretty sweet little club racer. Until EBR enters the naked middle weight segment, I'll have to look to other brands to occupy my garage. So yeah, I get it. The first EBR models are expensive, and will be out of reach for a lot of buyers (me included).

tben
11-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Yes...there are options...buy one!
Exactly my point...I already have, and so has several others!

Not sure why you are surprised, disappointed or shocked. They have been telling US the price for over a year.
Because I did not want to accept it as a fact, now it is reality, before it was just rumors.

Blastonia
11-01-2013, 08:06 PM
They might not be as out of reach as you think if you have a good trade. I didnt think I could ever afford a new bike until I talked to a dealer and we sat down and hammered out a deal. I actually ended up getting $100 more then I paid for my used 1125 and I piled 10,000 miles on it. That got my payment down to $275 a month and that was doable for me. Now I am looking at the new RX as a very strong possibility depending on how much of a trade in they can do and what kind of financing I can get....etc. My priorities might be a little bit different then most people. I drive a $300 car so all my money is tied up in motorcycles and I can live like that. Just depends on what you can live with I suppose but a new EBR may not be as far out of reach as you think it is.

Twilli88
11-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Well i'm glad to see us talking about the new bikes! How do we buy one haha...wait to see what dealers will be offering them? Wonder if ill see them at all in Canada

Big twin
11-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Wonder if ill see them at all in Canada

I doubt that ...

WIGGLE2
11-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Exactly my point...I already have, and so has several others!

When that RX dusts your Ducati's or ZX10RRRR's ass with it's V-twin, don't come here crying about it!! Lol! :D

tben
11-06-2013, 04:57 AM
When that RX dusts your Ducati's or ZX10RRRR's ass with it's V-twin, don't come here crying about it!! Lol!
Triumph by the way...I will hold my own in the turns, straights, not a chance...:)
My track bike is a V-Twin, and my sport adventure is too.

Jezuz
11-23-2013, 07:24 PM
It's not only the high-spec parts that make the difference, it's also the assembly/production and volume figures.
For example, Suzuki GSXR1000, mass produced in tens of thousands in Asia.
EBR, low volume production in US, many US-made parts.
I bet Suzuki makes way more for any GSXR sold than EBR for any 1190, 'cause production costs are way higher.

Also, you buy the EBR, go straight into the track at top level.
You buy the Suzuki, first you have to throw the stock sport-touring tires away. Then change the shock. Then try to make it lighter etc....

wolfo68
11-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Well i'm glad to see us talking about the new bikes! How do we buy one

Need contact info?

Twilli88
11-24-2013, 12:41 AM
Need contact info?

Ya ya ya!

Jezuz
01-20-2014, 08:02 PM
"The company has another bike coming out later this year and another model is getting close to production."

So... those interested in these bikes shouldn't wait much. Funny, I thought that because they have to build so many RXs right after starting production, for WSBK homologation purposes, the other models would be delayed... it seems not, and it seems like Erik had done it again! Great news!

http://www.jsonline.com/business/new-look-buell-fires-on-all-cylinders-as-it-ramps-up-production-b99183928z1-241022261.html

wolfo68
01-20-2014, 08:40 PM
They went from 10 employees to over 120 in the past 2 years. Keep that in mind.

Lando
01-21-2014, 11:24 PM
If EBR doesn't announce the 1190SX soon, another model to watch out for is the BMW R NineT

BuellyBagger
03-09-2014, 05:11 AM
So anyone have any new info on a possible sx release date? Not that ive got 18k burning a hole in my pocket, Im just excited!

Sirius815
03-09-2014, 12:26 PM
I can take care of that 18k for you. I don't mind if it's burning a hole in my pocket :p

d_adams
03-09-2014, 01:18 PM
I'd guess an announcement in the next 3-4 months, not sure on production though. If it uses the same power plant, then it's just a matter of cosmetics for the front end and different plastic/bodywork. Not sure it would work with none unless theres a major change in the cooling system. Maybe some trim pieces to clean it up from bare naked like the Typhoon demo from the Euro race team.

BuellyBagger
03-09-2014, 02:15 PM
I can take care of that 18k for you. I don't mind if it's burning a hole in my pocket

NOT that ive got 18k burning a hole in my pocket :D

Typhoon You mean Typhon ;) I hope its something close to that, that is a sweet looking bike!

From wiki: Typhon (/ˈtaɪfən/; Greek: Τυφῶν, Tuphōn, [typʰɔ̂ːn]), also Typhoeus (/taɪˈfiːəs/; Τυφωεύς, Tuphōeus), Typhaon (Τυφάων, Tuphaōn) or Typhos (Τυφώς, Tuphōs) was the deadliest monster of Greek mythology. The last son of Gaia, fathered by Tartarus, he was known as the "Father of All Monsters"; his wife Echidna was likewise the "Mother of All Monsters."

Typhon was described in pseudo-Apollodorus, Bibliotheke, as the largest and most fearsome of all creatures. His human upper half reached as high as the stars, and his hands reached east and west. Instead of a human head, a hundred dragon heads erupted from his neck and shoulders (some, however, depict him as having a human head, with the dragon heads replacing the fingers on his hands). His bottom half consisted of gigantic viper coils that could reach the top of his head when stretched out and constantly made a hissing noise. His whole body was covered in wings, and fire flashed from his eyes, striking fear even into the Olympians.

Typhon attempts to destroy Zeus at the will of Gaia, because Zeus had imprisoned the Titans. Typhon overcomes Zeus in their first battle, and tears out Zeus' sinews. However, Hermes recovers the sinews and restores them to Zeus. Typhon is finally defeated by Zeus, who traps him underneath Mount Etna.

d_adams
03-09-2014, 02:31 PM
Yeah, that white one.

:D

Jezuz
03-11-2014, 10:58 PM
Can't wait! [cool]