PDA

View Full Version : D&D muffler bracket break

Amrcnmade
03-03-2009, 12:09 PM
I put a D&D muffler on less than a year ago. Absolutely love the sound and performance. But a few weeks ago one of the brackets broke. I contacted D&D about it in some hope that would be some sort of warrantly for a faulty bracket. They promptly looked at the pics I sent them and said there was a suspension bolt missing which caused excessive vibration and the bracket to snap. I had the pipe put on by the dealer. SO should have been done correctly. But Im not saying it necessarily was. Just that reason sounds a bit fishy to me. Feels a bit like they are just dismissing me because they dont want to do anything about it. I dont want a new can. But if they could maybe reimburse me to have a machine shop repair or something I would be happy. Has anyone else had a bracket break on the D&D? Or had any ecperience with them and product defects?[sad]

Buell_Cru
03-04-2009, 01:33 AM
I bought my 07 12R from a dealer and after about a month of having it decided to start tearing into things. I noticed that there was a broken chin fairing bracket (Primary side second from the front)also had a broken front mounting bracket where it mounts to the bottom of the engine casing and a hairline crack all the way around the front pipe where it connects to the header. The only thing really holding my pipe was the rear bracket. I took it off, went down to a local welding shop. It only cost me $30. They welded on a new front tab, welded the crack and welded the bracket back on then they sprayed it with some high heat flat black paint and I was on my way. I wouldn't even mess with D&D because it's a simple fix instead of having to send your pipe back and then wait for them to send you it back.

Amrcnmade
03-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Well that was my plan now. Go to the machine shop and do just that. Glad to hear it will only cost about 30 bux. thanks for the info