PDA

View Full Version : Shifting problems after replacing the stator

stevengeorgia
11-13-2013, 07:55 PM
I replaced the stator on my '08 xb12xt, I think i screwed up by putting a little grease in the shift shift bushes, At first it shifted fine from first to second, But not to 3rd., i kept trying, Around the park across the street, Not trying to force anything, Finally it would shift up, But then not down from 3rd to second, I would have to stop, Turn off the engine, rock it , And was able to get it back into neutral/1st/2nd easily...I read about making sure the spring was right on the shift shaft, Or it would shift improperly. I think the grease made the shaft too tight, Was that an error? :( (I was happy to get the stator in there by myself, I made a tool out of a head bolt from a 'suzuki gt750, ground down the ends, It worked perfect, But imagine my sorrow when it wouldn't shift into 3rd!)

Renegade
11-13-2013, 09:38 PM
edit

stevengeorgia
11-13-2013, 10:52 PM
EDIT: shift SHAFT, y'all! Is that what relegade meant?!? Damn...I think the grease is the culprit, The return spring can't "return" the shaft...Thankz for your help, Relegade! (NOT)[down]

stevengeorgia
11-15-2013, 04:37 PM
Never mind, All it took was a couple taps with my trusty 10 lb sledge...All is good now, Hope I get at least 38,000 miles out of this stator...!:p