PDA

View Full Version : race map with stock exhaust?

DualSportDad
11-15-2013, 07:58 PM
i'm putting the stock muffler back on my 2005 xb9sx tonight and am going to put the K&N back in it as well.

should i leave the race map in it? i'm at sea level and currently running a modified stock muffler (pretty loud and pulls great over 4,000 rpm) and the stock air filter. with the race map loaded after a couple weeks of riding around the AFV is at 110.

with the stock muffler and K&N would it be better to use the race map or stock? or shjould i just leave the stock air filter in and run the stock maps?

theMelvster6
11-15-2013, 08:08 PM
I doubt it'll affect much leaving the K&N in if you put the stock pipe on. Just leave the race maps.

nikfleisch
11-15-2013, 08:13 PM
why are you putting the stock back on?

DualSportDad
11-15-2013, 08:30 PM
My modified muffler had a crack in a weld and the previous owner didn't weld a turn out in so the exhaust is blowing straight into the rear tire. I want to take my time repairing it and have it coated as well. The bike is my daily driver so the les down time the better.

snrusnak
11-15-2013, 11:11 PM
I use race map and stock muffler with k&n currently. It runs so much better than stock. I did the airbox delete mod and it started running really lean again so i put the air box back on. I plan to eventually do the muffler, remove the airbox again, and tune it.

DualSportDad
11-15-2013, 11:23 PM
I put the muffler on and flashed the stock race maps. I had modified ones in there before to stop decel popping. I left the stock air filter in and took it for a ride around the block and it felt good. Man there is a lot more torque down low now. I'm going to put the k&n in it now and take it out for a ride in the morning.

DualSportDad
11-16-2013, 02:27 AM
I ended up taking it for a ride. It runs good, I'll give it some time to adjust. I only put about 5 miles on it. First thing in the morning I'm going to do about 50 miles one way to meet some friends for breakfast.