PDA

View Full Version : Swade Industries

SEXT9
11-27-2013, 02:29 AM
I think it's interesting Eric still used Swade Industries (http://www.coroflot.com/tmtroutman/EBR-1190RX) to come up with the logos for the 1190RX. They also did the 1125 and XB logos (http://www.coroflot.com/tmtroutman/Buell-Motorcycle-Company)

go cytocis
11-27-2013, 03:09 AM
I like that he's got a 240Z (http://www.coroflot.com/tmtroutman/my-240Z#)
You can always tell a true gear head by his choice of car that's guaranteed not to get him either:
- a return on investment
- pussy
:D

Doc13
11-27-2013, 03:34 AM
That has to be one of the most beautiful z builds Ive come across.

Internet Annoyance
11-27-2013, 07:40 AM
Whats wrong with a Z and why wont it get him pussy? I know several friends growing up who had Zs and never any shortage, Even after my friend Rob got married,, he had several cases where women wanted rides in the car and 2 even jumped in without asking. It was a hot car back in the day.
I have one thats a donor for a kit car project. 2 actually. Im building mine with a 260Z donor (look up fiberfab Banshee) and I have another i am putting up for sale, Look up Fiberfab Jamaican, and I have a 280Z donor car with title, Package deal.
The awesome thing about the Z is get the Book from JTH about swapping in the chevy V8 into the Z, use alloy intake, water pump and headers and a small block V8 weighs only 40 pounds more than the stock Datsun 6 and TONS more power,. use the R200 posi Diff like this guy did, and a 5 or 6 speed out of a camaro and you got one slick ride. A friend is the moderator on a list called "AlteredZ.com" some great how to builds on there.
Im also a proud owner of a number of 510s over the years. I got a 510 wagon right now. upgraded with late model Nissan performance parts they are one cool ride. Maybe not all chicks did 510s admittedly, but Zs are still popular,

08herobolt
11-27-2013, 11:59 AM
I just looked at the buell section, holy $#!+. There's some bad ass designs. It really sucks that this stuff will never be produced. Painful...

50dro
11-27-2013, 12:17 PM
Very cool stuff!!!! I would love to work for a company like this! You can just see the creative juices flowing! :D

chevy42083
11-27-2013, 02:28 PM
I had a 240z (~1999-2001)... no girl ever gave a **** about it. Plenty of old guys loved it, got PLENTY of attention, ALWAYS had strangers approaching me for full-on conversations. Not. One. Girl.
I loved that car, but didn't need 2 projects, and my pickup had way more invested. Some day, I'll get another.

I like this design...
http://s3images.coroflot.com/user_files/individual_files/321744_JjzF3r10SJi4186jwuP0jRFPq.jpg

SEXT9
11-27-2013, 02:38 PM
I agree with you there. I like the design as well.

djs2k2
11-27-2013, 03:33 PM
I like buell's

go cytocis
11-27-2013, 04:16 PM
Whats wrong with a Z and why wont it get him pussy?I have been friends over the years with some guys who are both very wealthy & insecure. Consequentially I've been fortunate to have ridden around in some real, real crumpet catchers: Porsches, Lamborghinis, Ferraris, a GT40, a Merc SLR, and perhaps the most irresistible of them all, a 1959 red convertible Corvette. Â*

Are any of these cars cool like a Z? No, but roll in any one of them for just 15 minutes and watch what happens!

snrusnak
11-27-2013, 05:10 PM
Are any of these cars cool like a Z

Yes, the vette. How can you compare a nissan to a vette?

go cytocis
11-27-2013, 05:43 PM
How can you compare a nissan to a vette?Certainly didn't mean to imply that the 'Vette isn't cool, but it's definitely a different kind of cool to a Z. Everyone gets the flashy in-your-face muscle-car cool of a 'Vette, but an old Z, as Chevy pointed out above, is more of an understated cult cool appreciated mostly by hipsters & lonely old men in liquor store parking lots. :D

Doc13
11-28-2013, 03:27 AM
If you're buying your car based on its pussy pulling capacity...you're doing it wrong.

anrkizm95
11-28-2013, 12:18 PM
That has to be one of the most beautiful z builds Ive come across. [up]

Matteson
11-28-2013, 12:54 PM
that Z is bad azz! definitelly quirky like the 1125 and xb's.

Blastonia
12-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Nothing like the torque of an inline 6. I was never fortunate enough to own a Z but a doctors son that I worked with in high school had one and it was pretty fast. I've owned alot of inline 6's though and you cant beat them for torque. Currently have Dodge Cummins, BMW 524TD, and a 79 Ford F100 with the 300 six. All three of them are great in their own ways.

Internet Annoyance
12-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Check out Petes page for all you need to know about custom built Z cars, GREAT Tech, and learn from others experiences, mistakes and what would he have done different, Much like the resources on this forum.

http://www.alteredz.com/

Also there is a webforum called HybridZ which Pete is a moderator on, and TONS of info on there as well.

Maybe im just stuck in the past,, but Datsun Zs were pretty bad ass cars back in the day,,Combine modern tech and resources like these webpages i mentioned and you can have a very affordable performance car, Petes is pushing 500 Hp, handles like its on rails, and can challenge most expensive super cars today.

I have 2 kit car projects (one is for sale, along with DRUMROLL PLEASE,,,,,,,, a Datsun Z car as the donor car with title, and still has the stock motor, should still run, the kit car body is a Fiberfab jamaican, title and register as a Z car and tell your insurance agent its just restyled. makes it affordable, I can explain more if interested. Its kind fo adeal breaker in many states if you have to title and register and insure as a Kit car) my other kit car im keeping is a Fiber fab Banshee, kinda of a cross between a Corvette and a Daytona Cobra Coupe. Im using a 260Z as a donor, V8 conversion, and other fun stuff. I like building stuff
https://www.google.com/search?q=fiberfab+banshee&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=PnGcUtjjCoe7iwKQq4CgBg&sqi=2&ved=0CCkQsAQ&biw=1163&bih=592

See the links:)

go cytocis
12-02-2013, 06:43 PM
Nothing like the torque of an inline 6.Agreed!
One of the biggest abominations of the Mercedes merger with Chrysler was the discontinuation of their fantastic M104 I-6 motor. I had the opportunity to drive one in AMG spec and it was simply one of the best all-round motors I've experienced.