PDA

View Full Version : Fouled plugs

dustin_usmc1
03-06-2009, 12:47 AM
Hello fellow buellers, love this site. I am the proud owner of a '08 XB12S, and have already started modifying. I have installed the airbox delete kit, drummer exhaust, and have done the crankcase breather mod. I have only had the bike since November and have about 1500 miles on it and have gone through 2 sets of plugs and have to get my third set tommorrow. I know that I need to reset my TPS, but I am just wondering if there is anything else I can do to keep from fouling the plugs. I love my buell but the plug issue is driving me crazy. Please help.

strmvt
03-06-2009, 01:29 AM
Start the bike put on your helmet and gloves zip up your jacket check everything over hop on and ride be easy the first few miles then go for it. Also when you first start her up DO NOT REV IT that is what causes the majority of fouling of plugs. Until you reset the tps and remap your ecm to the mods you've done it'll all stop for the most part.

dustin_usmc1
03-06-2009, 03:18 AM
Thanks for the advise. I know that I should allow the bike to warm up and never rev it up so soon after starting. The problem is that I never get a chance to get that far. The plugs are fouling as I start the bike. Could the cooler weather have anything to do with this? I live in North Carolina and it has been in the 30's the last few days and it was about 63 today when I tried to start the bike.

strmvt
03-06-2009, 03:47 AM
It's possible the cold weather might hurt it maybe hold the throttle steady 2k or enough to keep it running til it'll run by itself if you stored it over the winter it could be bad gas as well.

dave_xb12r
03-06-2009, 08:15 AM
It might have something to do with your airbox delete as well. Although it I cant see how it could be doing it, but without a correct map to compensate for the delete, anything is possible