PDA

View Full Version : Plug change and it's ALIVE!!!

racepro716
03-06-2009, 01:04 AM
Thanks all for your help last night. Changed out fouled stock plugs for NGK's and away we go! Put a whole 15 kms on it! It"s still only 6C out there after all. Also was able to change rear plug in under an hour on only my third attempt,lol.

Again, thanks, Wayne

JOEL9
03-06-2009, 01:32 AM
sweet[up] how did you end up changing the rear plug?

racepro716
03-06-2009, 01:42 AM
I took off the airbox cover and seat and there's a litle space below the rear shock mount on the left side. Insert plug socket on the end of needlenose pliers, attach 3" swivel extension, add another swivel extension and turn the plug out with ratchet. Could NOT replace plug without attaching it to a hose and threading it in. Took me about 20 min ot the third try. Anyone got any other tips?

dave_xb12r
03-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Well like I said, just drill a hole in that plate above the rear cylinder's plug. That way you can just go straight down into it. Thats what a Buell salesman said he did on his Firebolt. Sounded like a good idea to me.

racepro716
03-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Dave, mine is like 2 weeks old, what do you think my wife, nevermind a service rep would say about warranty issues. She nearly KILLED me for pulling off the airbox cover and losing one of those little nylon washers,lol.

PegasusXB9R
10-08-2009, 04:23 PM
The manual says to use 5/8 tubing on the spark plug tip to initially thread the rear spark plug. I didn't have any tubing so I used the actual spark plug cable but didn't hook the spark plug into the cable all the way, just enough to hold onto it. Then, being really careful (not to twist the spark plug cable), turned the cable threading the plug into the hole lining it up correctly for tightening with the extended socket wrench. It worked like a charm.

Sidewinder
10-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Well like I said, just drill a hole in that plate above the rear cylinder's plug. That way you can just go straight down into it. Thats what a Buell salesman said he did on his Firebolt. Sounded like a good idea to me.

Heh. Not sure I like the idea of drilling a hole through my frame. :p

hula Buell
10-11-2009, 07:53 AM
Drill a hole? Really? You sure? Wow!!Does it really speed things up?